• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How far would you travel

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
Hi:wave:

My partner is travelling form Norwich to Yorkshire on Sunday to collect two very young re-homed french lops. Just wondering how far people have gone to collect a Bunny? Some people from work think we crazy to do such a thing:?

Phil

The farthest I have ever travelled is about 65 miles......and I had to convince my hubby to take me as I am too nervous to travel that far on my own.:oops: :oops:

Got no car and permanently saddled with autistic child so I'd manage to go to the next village, but that's it :shock:

I know what you mean.....my 7 year old grandson is Autistic too, and travelling with him can be a nightmare sometimes.:( :( (That wasn't meant to sound harsh.....I love him absolutely to PIECES!!!!!:love: :D )

My Partner is prepared to drive there and back the same day. I would like to go with her but have got loads of reports from work to catch up on (the stress:cry: )

I can emphasis with some of the difficulties you must experince in getting out with an autistic child. I'm a social worker within a disabled childrens team and have heard many a story about the difficulties parents face not only through behavioural probs but also because of other peoples attitudes.

Phil

I know what you mean.....my 7 year old grandson is Autistic too, and travelling with him can be a nightmare sometimes.:( :( (That wasn't meant to sound harsh.....I love him absolutely to PIECES!!!!!:love: :D )

I know - my son is fine at home, pretty much good company, but out of the house he's a nightmare - I endured an hour at the shops today and just wanted the ground to open up as he yelled at me, bossed me around and had panic attacks over everything - he's 13 :shock:

Our Jonah is pretty much like that. He is happy and fun and sociable at his house, or at my house, or at school......but when he is in unfamiliar places, he doesn't cope very well. People tend to get really annoyed at him, which is upsetting......they will say things like, "CONTROL that kid, WILL you?" and make rude remarks about his behaviour. I try to remain patient and calm with them, but if they are blatantly rude I just smile sweetly and say, "HE'S Autistic.....what's YOUR excuse???":evil: :evil:

Got no car and my bunny would need to be gradually introduced as he has territory issues so I couldn't get one from very far away.

We have support from our local recure centre regarding bonding the new bunnies with the ones we already have. However, the boy french lop wouldn't have had it's op so we will have to keep him indoors unitl he is ready to bond. if it does not work out regarding bonding then we will have to keep him seperated:(

my moms only just started driving so we only manage a few miles, and i don't think its fair on buns since our car is bumpy.
my brother is autistic he gets really stressed when hes out, hes really clever ,14 but looks 16 (people think hes my older brother), and loves his computer. he has gotten better with age he no longer sits/ lies on floor crying... still love him though:love:

I havent personally travelled far to get a rabbit but Nala came all the way from Bristol to me, via Birmingham, by way of a bunnyrun.. i think 2 different people were involved to get her all that way! :D Cheryl collected her from Birmingham for me when she had gone to Crufts and brought her back to me in Norwich :D

Well, I went to Cleethorpes to get Daisy and her babies, Taz and Maisie, that was 125 miles each way :shock:

I sent hubby to get Trinny from Donna (ARC) not realising that she lives in Twickenham and a rugby match was on :oops: :oops: that was 140 miles each way

Then I did the run up to Chesterfield for some bunnies who went to Jill (honeybunny) that was 60 miles each way. (foolishly I thought that since it was Derbyshire, the next door county to Staffordshire it wouldnt be far :roll: )

Well, I went to Cleethorpes to get Daisy and her babies, Taz and Maisie, that was 125 miles each way :shock:

I sent hubby to get Trinny from Donna (ARC) not realising that she lives in Twickenham and a rugby match was on :oops: :oops: that was 140 miles each way

Then I did the run up to Chesterfield for some bunnies who went to Jill (honeybunny) that was 60 miles each way. (foolishly I thought that since it was Derbyshire, the next door county to Staffordshire it wouldnt be far :roll: )

Wow you are dedicated to the hobby.

Phil

I traveled over 275 miles and to the top of a treacherous mountain to get my Shamu and LaRue from a lady who had passed away.

Back