• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new to the forum - advice on bunnies breed

bunny_scabbit

Warren Scout
hi, i am new to the forum and have been advised by another forum user to post some pics in the hope of finding out the breed of our bunny, but i am a bit confused about how to add a picture. can someone please help?

:wave: have you got a photobucket account? if not join up with them then upload your pics to that resize them to messgae board and copy the IMG code then paste it in a message :D if that is still confusing i will try and get a print screen on photobucket :D

finally, managed to get the photos uploaded :) hmm, pics are a bit big... i have tried to make them smaller but it hasn't worked :? oh, it has now :D

this is preston when he first came to stay with us, he came for a 2 week holiday which extended to a couple of months by which time we had fallen in love with him so much we just refused to give him back! ;)

S6000084.jpg

he has grown alot and every picture of him makes him look different

bigears.jpg

we are still learning so much about rabbits in general and about preston.
when he first did this he scared the life out of both of us

newp0039.jpg

preston is 18 months old now but we are still not sure what breed he is, if any one in particular.

Last edited:
looks a lovely boy, just guessing but theres some rex in there somewhere, if im not mistaken,know the feeling though , i was looking after my friends nethie shes not got him back either, like you i fell in love,so she kindly gave him to me,

looks a lovely boy, just guessing but theres some rex in there somewhere, if im not mistaken,know the feeling though , i was looking after my friends nethie shes not got him back either, like you i fell in love,so she kindly gave him to me,

Rex??? Where did you get that from?

He looks to be a Giant of some sort - Continental or British Giant? Continental would be my guess. Have a look at this site, Sue is fairly local to you so maybe worth a trip up to have a chat with her about Giant bunnies if you're new to them - and maybe rescue a girlie bun for Preston too ;)

http://www.giantrabbitrescue.co.uk/

Rex??? Where did you get that from?

He looks to be a Giant of some sort - Continental or British Giant? Continental would be my guess. Have a look at this site, Sue is fairly local to you so maybe worth a trip up to have a chat with her about Giant bunnies if you're new to them - and maybe rescue a girlie bun for Preston too ;)

http://www.giantrabbitrescue.co.uk/

He surely can't be a pure giant? His ears aren't that big and look at the size of him next to the litter tray- and OP says he is 18 months old now. He looks like a cross of some sort to me.

He is gorgeous! Don't worry about him lying like that, it just means he is very relaxed.

He surely can't be a pure giant? His ears aren't that big and look at the size of him next to the litter tray- and OP says he is 18 months old now. He looks like a cross of some sort to me.

He is gorgeous! Don't worry about him lying like that, it just means he is very relaxed.

We were told that giants continue to grow until they are two, then they just fill out! :shock: I don't think he's disimilar in size to Florence.

Maria x

His ears look a little small to be a conti.
All I can say is that he is definatley not a lion head. :lol:

How much does he weigh?

His ears look a little small to be a conti.
All I can say is that he is definatley not a lion head. :lol:

How much does he weigh?

preston weighs 3kg, i don't think he is a giant myself from what i have seen of them.

from some of the pics i have seen of rex's i thought he had a bit of that in him too.

i know he is a bits and pieces bun, but i'm not stressed about it 'cos i love him dearly just as he is :D

oh and just so no one thinks we are bunny snatchers who stole him from some poor little child leaving them crying forever, preston was my sisters bun and i told her how much we had got attached to him she said we could keep him, on my birthday last year :D best birthday present ever in my whole 36 years :D

Last edited:
preston weighs 3kg, i don't think he is a giant myself from what i have seen of them.

from some of the pics i have seen of rex's i thought he had a bit of that in him too.

i know he is a bits and pieces bun, but i'm not stressed about it 'cos i love him dearly just as he is :D

oh and just so no one thinks we are bunny snatchers who stole him from some poor little child leaving them crying forever, preston was my sisters bun and i told her how much we had got attached to him she said we could keep him, on my birthday last year :D best birthday present ever in my whole 36 years :D

Hmm 3kg? Thats only approx 7lb, so thats not very big - no idea what he is - so i'll opt for gorgeous cross! :lol:

Back