• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting, is this normal?

fionalouise

Warren Scout
Hi everyone,

well as the weathers getting warmer the amount of fur coming off of violet is increasing! But i dont know if its increasing too much! i started brushing it and then pulling out the odd stray tuffts, and her hair was literally coming away in my hands. I got a bit worried thinking there would be nothing left, instead theres a lovely batch of new very dark hair, and very short too, She normally has quite fluffy fur. So is this just because its her first summer moult? the skin is healthy and the new hair is in good condition. it just looks really odd and i just wanted to check this out. here are some picks of her new short patch (which looks a bit like a monks hair do :lol: ) and the ammount of fur that came off it!

DSCF0195.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

and 1 of her pretty face!

DSCF0200.jpg

thanks in advance :D

Fiona x

yea its really weird. Winston isnt like this at all. He moults but nothing like that! phew, thanks thats one less thing of my mind! now i can laugh at how silly she looks without feeling guilty! :lol:

Thank you!

My rabbit, Barney, is doing the same thing! I've had him for over a year, and his previous moults haven't seemed as major as this one. :shock: I've been combing him for weeks, it seems like, and the amount of fur coming away is increasing, not decreasing... And then the other day I noticed shorter, darker fur, especially around his back area...

You call that a moult? Check this out....:lol:
Leanne's Dexter on Tuesday! Sorry it's a bit fuzzy..he was in the middle of a bonding scrap and moving!!
DSC02365.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

:lol: Yep, perfectly normal. Mine moult in a stripe from head to bum. A bit circle is a little odd but nothing to worry about. The fur will soon grow to normal length :D

Hi :wave:

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago, 'cause I had the same concerns about my bunny Rosie (although she wasn't moulting in such a distinctive pattern).

I wondered if she was slow to moult this year because of the lack of hot weather earlier in the summer, so her moult was more noticeable as it happened quite suddenly :?

Violet is gorgeous, by the way :)

Squidgy moulted like this for the first time this year.
P3300015.jpg

It's beautiful soft fur, but looked a bit strange for a while!

Back