• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

take one rabbit room U/D with pictures

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
a stack of carboard boxes, one 'hardworking' mummy and you have one great playroom.....well that is the theory anyway! now just got to go and do it!!!

will post pics if it is a success :lol:

yay it worked out ok :D
so here are some piccies :D ...

rabbitroom001.jpg

the sandbox area underneath it is the 'cool area' which has a huge slab of granits and doesnt get any sun so it is always cold in there, it has a got a cardboard box under there and they have to go through the holes in the stool to get in there :) i have also added the cardboard 'cover' to their litter tray, no prpose really just had some spare cardboard :lol: the sand looks all icky because when i was clenaing i put the half full bowl of water up there and 'madam' jumped up to be nosey landing right in the water bowl and spilling water everywhere :roll: :lol:

rabbitroom002.jpg

here is the 'warren' area it goes through the green tube into a bannana box thing then through a hole into a great big lawn mower box (the JCB box which goes right back to the wall) on top is another box with a hole cut in and it is all really sturdy so they can get on top of all the boxes and their wooden bed is up there too

rabbitroom003.jpg

and last but not least their cage, i have tied a towel to the doorway bit so that drapes down for them to play with and i have put a towel as a hammock on the second shelf. not sure how long it will take them to realise they can get on it but teegra realised that it is just high enough for him to be able to squich under there (he loves squishing in low places) when they are more used to it i can hang the excess bit of towel down so that it makes a curtain to the underneath bit. on the top shelf there is a cardboard wine carrier stuffed with balls of scrunched up newspaper for them to get out and shred/throw etc.

i can hear them exploring now so it seems to be popular, i know duchess had a great time 'helping' me make it all :lol: :lol:

hope you like :D

Thats brilliant! I bet they love the sand box too - lots of opportunity for making a mess all over the floor :D

Thats brilliant! I bet they love the sand box too - lots of opportunity for making a mess all over the floor :D

ah you know its purpose then :lol: :lol: yeah, not nice when you go in there barefoot though....strangely nothing like beigng at the beach :lol:

What a fabulous bunny home you have! Won't show my lot because they'll be jealous :lol:

you really put me to shame, although mine do seem to like their new set up but I won't be showing them that!

Awww - great adventure playground for them :p I never would have thought of using sand though - must weigh a ton! :shock:

it does :shock: just over one of those bags (dunno what size it is, i cant lift it properly though :oops: ) was in there when it was last changed...about half that amount now :roll: got to put some more sand in there soon just got to lug it upstairs! might put in some soil for variety though...i cant even remember what made me think about it :? teegs has had a digging box since the day i got him....ahh the rats had one!! :lol: knew i would remember if i woke my brain up :D

Back