• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding a single bun with already bonded pair?

tracyuk

Mama Doe
As title suggests. I have been thinking about getting another bunny for ages but wondered if it would upset my already bonded pair. I wondered if anyone has experience in doing this?
Tracy

Hiya

Loads of people have managed to do this on here - unfortunately I'm not one of them!! I tried for a couple of months and it just upset the already bonded pair - and ended in a huge fight.

I think it depends on the personalilties of your pair and the one you are adding. Only one way to find out - but you have to be prepared to have separate accomodation ready if it all goes wrong.

Good luck though!

What Mad Bunster said!

I found that bonding harder than getting all 13 together.:lol: When I did 2 pairs it upset everyone:oops:

trio!

Hello

I'm new on here....hence no pics as sig yet. I'm just bonding a 3rd bunny. I have a bonded boy (Gabriel) and girl(Daisy), then courtesy of Chloe.....a very cute new baby girl (Nushka). Daisy is not overly keen on Nushka, but is only a matter of chasing, I think they will be friends eventually :D However the bond with Daisy and Gabriel is still very strong, Gabe bless him goes between the two and even stops the chasing. Think its absolutely right about the character, Gabe is a real softy, Daisy is nervous and Nush is a little monkey !! Kind of works somehow!!!:lol:

Hello

I'm new on here....hence no pics as sig yet. I'm just bonding a 3rd bunny. I have a bonded boy (Gabriel) and girl(Daisy), then courtesy of Chloe.....a very cute new baby girl (Nushka). Daisy is not overly keen on Nushka, but is only a matter of chasing, I think they will be friends eventually :D However the bond with Daisy and Gabriel is still very strong, Gabe bless him goes between the two and even stops the chasing. Think its absolutely right about the character, Gabe is a real softy, Daisy is nervous and Nush is a little monkey !! Kind of works somehow!!!:lol:

You bonded pair sound to have similar characteristics to mine. Lola is strong willed and I would worry bout her but Rory is a real softy (a mummys boy) I would hate for them to fall out but really want another bun. Do all yours live together? House buns? What accom do they have?
Sorry for all the questions!:roll:

Trio

Hi again, yes they all live together, house buns, they have free run of the whole house. At the moment Daisy doesn't like Nush to go under the bed (thats her place with Gabe) so she she just chases her off !!:lol: i got to a stage just before i had Nush spayed where they would all squish together, i kept Nush caged for a couple of days after the op to recover (she's a v bouncy bunny) and so have been set back a little.Left them all together this morning as chase never ends in anything as Nush runs into kitchen and Daisy won't leave the living room rug (laminate floor hahaah!!) Tomorrow they are going in the bath to sort it out!! The main problem i had was when Nush went hormonal...humped everything and everybunny in site...including Gabes head which he wasn't too happy about - so maybe an already spayed bun would be better?

Thats not a bad idea. I have to actually convince OH first. I have been working on him but he is not sure:lol:
tracy

I introduced Fifi to my two when they had been bonded for about a year or so. Simba and Nala are pretty chilled bunnies and they loved her. I do find that Fifi chases Nala a bit now, after a year of being together but simba and nala still snuggle up to gether.. they seem to swap round who gets a snuggle from Simba :lol:

I introduced Fifi to my two when they had been bonded for about a year or so. Simba and Nala are pretty chilled bunnies and they loved her. I do find that Fifi chases Nala a bit now, after a year of being together but simba and nala still snuggle up to gether.. they seem to swap round who gets a snuggle from Simba :lol:

Aww. You buns are so cute. It really gives me faith that I could do it. I do worry about Lola as she will often go for me if if she is that way out. Rory I think will be fine.

Back