• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Poorly Buns-Here We Go Again

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Eddie-Rabbit's abnormal Respiratory Rate (way too fast, even at rest-some sneezing, no discharge, 'well within himself', heart sounds OK) returned 2 weeks ago:cry: Christobel suggested treating as if infection in the first instance although tbh I am not convinced infection is the cause:? A locum who saw Eddie back in March diagnosed 'allergic asthma' and RELUNCTANTLY I agreed to her giving Eddie a long acting steroid injection. Well it appeared to work and Eddie was asymptomatic for many months :? But Christobel is very anti steroids for Rabbits unless as a 'last resort'. I fully respect her professional opinion.
Anyways, Eddie has been on abx for 2 weeks ( 2 different abx) and his symtoms remain unchanged. I feel he does have an allergic asthma OR something more sinister is going on................
We are off to see Tim today (Christobel is not on duty)

Freya has tummy pain and is not wanting her brekki:cry: She has had appropriate treatment and I'll see how she is in an hour or so.

Stress, what stress.................:shock:

Janex

oh jane what are those buns doing im sure they plan it right give mum a weeks rest then ill have tummy pain as for astma bun for some unknown reson every ones astma is playing up right now

getwell buns, it never rains for what it pours, do you think if we knew how stressful keeping buns was, we,d have done it? yeah,

Thanks everyone. Cant get an appointment for Eddie til tonight. He remains OK within himself, just breathing too fast.
Freya is still not eating but has had a good hop around the garden. Hopefully the meds and exercise along with some syringed fluids will get things moving :?

Two Boblets re snotty again aswell :roll: so are back on the abx up their nose

Janex

Aww, hope all the buns are ok.

My vet did think that Sugar could be allergic to the new hay. I'm using different hay again now, & there's been no more wheezing or anything.

Incidentally, roughly how fast should a bun breathe? I was only really listening for "noise"

Back