• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lionhead fur get longer with age? PICS

neeshkabeesh

Warren Scout
I was just looking back on some photos of my rabbits and I have some of when I first got Jess. Am I imagining it or has her fur got longer since I first got her? It seems to have, unless the photos aren't clear but they were taken with a good camera! She was my cousin's rabbit who'd had her about a year previously so she'll be four years old now.

Last edited:
Thought I'd add pics, they always attract views :lol:

Jess the day I got her:
jess01.jpg

jess02.jpg

Last year:
jess03.jpg

This year (grumpy looking, the sun was in her eyes!):
jess04.jpg

She doesn't even look like the same rabbit, but she is!

i have found that mine alter quite dramatically with each moult- and there is no apparent pattern emerging!:lol:
they have longer manes at the moment and less fuzz. in winter they get fuzzier!;) but also change colour constantly. they went ginger once:lol: :lol: must have been too many carrots............

My lionheads are extremely furry compared to last year! Bob can hardly see at the moment he has such a mane and beard! Time for a haircut me thinks!

Thanks for that, at least I'm not going mental :lol: So its something to do with the breed? I've never needed to trim her fur, I hope it doesn't get much longer though or it seems as though it would swallow her up! She already gets confused with a West Highland Terrier :shock: :lol:

:? My lioheads shrunk!

She was a fluffy baby all over and now only has a mane and some bum fluff!

i wish snow would shrink shes so fluffy its unbleavble and so is foster bun amber so loads of groomong for me

Simba got really really long haired after his first year.. thats when he grew a long fringe. His fur has been about the same ever since although does change colour slightly each moult. Fifi is a year now and is moulting really badly so will have to see how she ends up!! Im not sure if Nala has changes that much but i didnt have her from a baby

Not quite a rabbit, but this is the rapid hair growth from my guinea pig! She went from this:
lottie5.jpg

to this:
P6040081.jpg

in a couple of months! and the second one was after a trim!

Alfie looks really weird. Gypsy has a think about long hair so his gets neatly trimmed (including his whiskers) so he looks like he'd have quite long/thick fur but it's all half an inch long!

Tam

It looks like her hair has grown, but the thing that really stands out to me is how well she looks now, her fur looks a bit matted in the old pics, now it looks beautiful and shiny and healthy :D

Back