• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating normal poo!

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Ok I've noticed this once before but thought I'd imagined it, but I just clearly saw Clover eating a normal poo, not a caecotroph. Why would she do this? Am I starving my bunnies?! :roll: :shock:

I've seen my buns do this before too. Not sure why? I'm sure you're not starving them though!

I've seen Jen follow Frankie once before and eat one of his poos. He looked so embarassed :lol: I've never seen either do it since!

They get nutrients from it apparently even though it does sound fairly gross :? So don't worry I'm sure you aren't starving them I think it is normal ;)

Esther x

They've heard how important it is for the planet that we all recycle as much as we can :thumb:

Sometimes Buns will drink their wee too!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Janex

Phew - just me being paranoid again!! I think Clover is hoovering up after Dusty. :)

They've heard how important it is for the planet that we all recycle as much as we can :thumb:

Sometimes Buns will drink their wee too!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Janex

I have seen all of mine do that more than once :lol: Usually when they have a huge bowl of water right next to them :lol:

I've seen Nitro do it a few times - He shoves a load of cr*p in his mouth, spits out the pellets and munches on the caecotrophs :lol:

mine do it to,whats worse my dogs love them, they even sqabble over whose getting them:mrgreen: ,soon as i get the rubbish sacks out they know its mucking out day,and all charge into the garden.

mine do it to,whats worse my dogs love them, they even sqabble over whose getting them:mrgreen: ,soon as i get the rubbish sacks out they know its mucking out day,and all charge into the garden.
Yeah my dog does that... he actually sticks his head down the sack and eats the rabbit and guinea pig poo!!:mrgreen: :shock: But then he has disgusting habits anyway.. my piggies drink their own wee!! :shock: Yuk!!:lol:

Back