• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lasting reminder of myxi......

lucyj

Mama Doe
Hey guys long time no speak :) never seem 2 b on here anymore Im doin night shift so not muc htime 2 myself!

Anyways thought I'd pop on just 2 let u know that myself and the boys are doing fine, and to update you on the situation with Harly's bad eye. Some of u may remember that I was on saying that he's always been prone to having 'sleep' in his eyes, but since he's been recovering from myxi they have been much worse. When I took them for their last booster I told the vet and she said his eye was a bit red and inflammed and she thought he had an infection, so gave me antibiotic eye drops to use for a week.

I did, and it cleared up. Then within a week it was back. Phoned the vet, said giv him the drops for another week, did that, came back again.

Went back to see another vet, and she said that it's likely that he had narrow tear ducts to begin with, but that now he probably also has scar tissue from being swollen when he had myxi, making them even weaker, so he's not able to moisten and flush out his eyes properly, causing him to get infections all the time. I've now got maxitrol drops for him that I have 2 put 1 drop of in each eye every day until the bottle is finished and then we'll see from there. So far we're halfway down the bottle and his eyes are a lot better, but I think he is always going to need daily eye drops, I honestly dont care tho for the 2 seconds it takes 2 do, we were expecting much more residual problems, and Im so proud of my brave little fighter!

Hello :wave:

Lovely to hear from you again :D I am glad the Maxitrol is helping Harly. One of my Buns, Murphy has to have Maxitrol every other day for the rest of his life to keep his EC induced Uveitis under control. You may find you can go to alternate day treatments with Harly too.

Well done for getting him through that evil Myxi

Janex

:wave: Lucy!!

Great to hear from you, was thinking about the boys the other day, would have txt but have lost your number :oops:

Glad to hear they are both doing well :D

Stay in touch!!

Back