• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is a sensible donation??

Ashley

Alpha Buck
I'm adopting a bun from my local ARC. I have not done this before so i'm not sure what happens when i go to pick him up. They have not mentioned a donation ? :roll:

The Bun is neautured but not sure if vaccinated. They have been bonding my rabbit with him since monday and so expecting a call tomorrow. :D

What is considered a respectable amount as a donation?

Hi!

I think sometimes it helps to consider what they have done for the rabbit while it was there, like has it been neutered, had vaccinations/medicines? If so add that into the donation.

They usually tell you, I think. When I got Inky the rescue asked for a £10 donation, I gave them more though because they do such a sterling job.

Personally if the rabbit is neutered I'd give about £40. My boy cost £45 from a pet store (He was a much wanted gift, I would've adopted if I'd have known more about it at the time), it was £50 to have him neutered and a further £33 for his vaccinations.

I'd say £35 minimum if the rabbit's neutered/vaccd - not forgetting the rescue has fed and cleaned it for who knows how long. I donated a bit more for Benny and Pepsi as Cheryl kindly drove them to me from Sprowston - Less for my 5 girls as they weren't neutered or vaccd, and there were 5 of them, delivered to me again, so £25 each - Celia was suprised and said some people only donate £5 :shock: Tia I can't remember - around £30 I think - again she wasn't spayed or vaccd. Most rescues have changed since I got mine - they nearly all neuter and vacc now.

If a rescue had done extra work for me bonding I'd pay for that too - what's it worth to you? ;)

elve- I know, the woman looked shocked when I gave her a bigger donation. Makes me wonder how many people just give the minimum, when they're getting a rabbit that has been looked after for weeks and vaccinated etc.

I gave 65 each for Smokey and Fudge,they were both neautered and had injections.
I also donate a 10kg sack of SS every month.

Thx for advice. When they call i'll ask about the vacinations and if they have a suggested donation amount . I'll top it up for helping with bonding and also a bag of food for feeding my Bun this week.

I was suprised that although they are the largest RSPCA animal shelter in the country. They do not receive any funds from any donations to the RSPCA! They are totally self funded and rely on animal lovers to keep going. :shock:

Its not ARC as i stated in my first thread it is 'ARK' as in 'The Ark' Sorry for the confusion.

This 'Ark' however has more than 2 of everything :cry:

Thx for advice. When they call i'll ask about the vacinations and if they have a suggested donation amount . I'll top it up for helping with bonding and also a bag of food for feeding my Bun this week.

I was suprised that although they are the largest RSPCA animal shelter in the country. They do not receive any funds from any donations to the RSPCA! They are totally self funded and rely on animal lovers to keep going. :shock:

oh that ark i know the one now used to work there

id say £30 /£40 should be ok a pauyed £65 for dusty

For my two last bunnies, which were neutered and myxi vaccinated, I donated £50.

I do think that £30 should be the absolute minimum!

Vera

I think its a case of "as much as you can" - if you're pretty skint and you can only afford £30, that's fine, but if you're rolling in it and you only give £30, that's not fine!

When i got sorrel they asked for a mandatory donation of £35, but as she was vaccinated and spayed and had cost them a lot in operations on her jaw, i gave £65, which was all i had spare.

Back