• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do your Rabbits sleep??

Ali

Warren Veteran
Well for the last 3 nights I have stayed up watching Bella and Benji on the two cameras, on the tv, as I was very curious to see what they did at night, as the cameras have night vision I can see exactly what they are doing:D :D

Well, they have their huge hutch, and only stay at the top, they just sit there washing/grooming each other, and they never sleep,:shock: :shock: their eyes are always open, (they look funny with the night vision on) and they dont venture downstairs until 5.30am its so funny I thought they would be up to all sorts.

I do catch them dozing during the day:lol: :lol:

Do you know what your Bunnies get up to at night:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I wish I did! I'd love to have a camera system in place, problem is I'd spend so much time watching, nothing would get done!:lol: :lol:
My son rigged up 'Maizey Cam' when she had her litter 3 years ago and it was compulsive viewing.:D We had set up a 5ft run indoors so used basic equipment with a camcorder and lap top and fed it through a mass of wires so we could watch all the comings and goings on the lounge TV. It was excellent. We video'd it too, so can watch it back ( is that sad??::shock: roll: :lol: ) We saw all the stages from squeaky nest, through to emerging kittens and their development up to 3 weeks when they became 'mini adults' and were very active. It was brill!:D

I watch them in bed:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Im knackared now though I cant sleep I just lay there watching them:oops: :oops: :oops:

Rabbits are prey animals in the wild so it makes sense for them to sleep for short periods with their eyes open - I'm pretty sure they retain a limited amount of vision when 'sleeping' that detects movement allowing them to bolt for safety
Ben's often 'away with the fairies' when I'm wandering around my room and suddenly bolts off when he realises something's moving around :lol:

Hey Ali... gosh it must be you sleeping in the day then!

I'm waiting for my camera to arrive :D , but as soon as i'm set up i'll let you know what Bobbin gets up to :D

My shed bunnies have parties all night Ali :shock: I vac their mats and shed each night before bed and when I go down to feed and vac at 6.15am its like a bomb site ! All chew sticks, toys, balls out of their baskets, hay everywhere and cuddly bunnies chucked into the connected run :shock:

Im sure mine sleep in the day because they host mad get togethers at night !! :oops: :lol:

Hey Ali... gosh it must be you sleeping in the day then!

I'm waiting for my camera to arrive :D , but as soon as i'm set up i'll let you know what Bobbin gets up to :D

Nope im up and about, too much to do :lol: :lol: :lol:

You wont do anything when it arrives:lol: :lol: :lol:

My shed bunnies have parties all night Ali :shock: I vac their mats and shed each night before bed and when I go down to feed and vac at 6.15am its like a bomb site ! All chew sticks, toys, balls out of their baskets, hay everywhere and cuddly bunnies chucked into the connected run :shock:

Im sure mine sleep in the day because they host mad get togethers at night !! :oops: :lol:

I thought my two had a party everynight, their hutch is spotless when I put them to bed:lol: :lol: :lol: it stays that way untill 5.30ish every morning, then they start, all the hay is empited out of the baskets/hayracks, all the toys chucked everywhere, :lol: :lol: :lol: good fun to watch them though:D :D

Having been with our lot 24/7 for the last 6 days I can honestly say that night time is their most active time at the moment. This surprised me as I thought it was supposed to be dawn and dusk. Their quietest time is noon-4 ish.

Maria x

My two doze in the afternoon and I'm pretty sure some mornings in the winter I wake them up when I go out there at 6 am.

I'm currently looking after some other rabbits and a guinea pig (don't ask:roll: ) and yesterday the lop was asleep in the run with her ear in the water bowl, bless her.

Mmmm Ali I may have to PM you about details of the camera :D Im quite tempted. My shed is about 100ft from the house, would they still work please ? Love to see my buns party !

:lol: :lol: My two have a siesta in the afternoon, I can leave the bunny Palace undone all afternoon and they wont venture out:roll: :roll:

I really thought they would be more active during the night, I'm totally surprised:oops: :oops:

Mmmm Ali I may have to PM you about details of the camera :D Im quite tempted. My shed is about 100ft from the house, would they still work please ? Love to see my buns party !

I have one transmitter down stairs one up, I am now looking into getting a booster for them, as when im watching in bed and Shane moves:censored: he blokes the signal sometimes:censored: I just push him over at the moment and get the piccy back:lol: :lol:

The cameras are colour and are wirless, and have sound, and infra red, ill find the link for them for you xx

Last edited:
mine seem to sleep in the day on and off. I suppose they do this at night too? They always have a nap after breakfast!

Back