• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

STILL searching for a hutch =[.. plz help xx UPDATED

I think all of them look really good, the first one though, how does that work? it looks slightly back to front! :D I like the last one though if you have two bunnies.

Personally id go with the biggest one you can have ;) They happyhutch 6footer with run is good.. the one on ebay you posted:D

The happy hutch one is the best BUT!!!! for just £10 more you can get it in tongue and groove instead of plywood, from their website - definitely the best ;)

Have looked at the other 3 now - 1st one is dreadful - same make as the one I bought for Tia and it's rubbish - small, not hardwearing and really hard to clean - roof leaks too.

3rd one is too small - needs to be 2' deep which is easy to convert from cms if you just remember one foot = 30cms :D

And the 4th one is the same rubbish make of hutch as number one, but on a nice run - but each hutch is only 3 foot wide and if the same as Tia's, an incredibly useless 16" deep :shock:

Made from 30 X 30mm framing, T&G sides and back, and a 12mm ply wood floor.

Isnt that the same as the ones direct from the site? Thats what it says on the one i posted from ebay. ;)

Isnt that the same as the ones direct from the site? Thats what it says on the one i posted from ebay. ;)

oooh yeah you're right Dideen :shock: Same photo as the ply one but CHEAPER! - are they mad at happyhutch or what? :shock:

Think I'll have 6 of them :lol:

Yeah that's soooooo confusing - the link posted by Loubie loo is for the expensive plywood hutch, and the link you posted looks identical except for the small print T&G and of course the price! :shock:

Just checked the back yard and I'm thinking the massive hutch is going to take over the yard.. infact, it will :? and, as I share with 3 others, i dont think they'd be best pleased. Is the 5ft one they do too small?

For 2 bunnies I think a 2x5 hutch over run is fine - Benny's in a happyhutch 2x5 on his own and there's loads of room compared to a 2x4, which is what Maa's in - I can't imagine a pair in that one as the ladder makes half the space unuseable - but 2x5 is fine :)

That's great, thanks for your help Elve and Dideen :D

I shall get enquiring about the 5ft one, I may still be tempted by the 6ft one and my housemates can moan at me for it.

Although one of my housemates has told me at least 2 days out of the week her staffordshire bull terrier will be staying :( He's actually not allowed and, as long as the rabbits are outside I'm allowed them, but I'm thinking of extra security measures so that a) He cant get to them, and b) they can't see him.

Any ideas about that?

xx

Staffy! :shock: Will the dog be staying outside too? Tell your housemate to visit the dog for two days instead :lol:

Back