• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phew! Amber just had her myxi jab.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
:roll:
I was only SLIGHTLY nervous... Honest. I was pacing around the house the half hour before we went, and had to force myself to breathe when the vet was giving her an overall check. Somehow, whenever he checks the heart and lungs, I always find it hard to breathe... I'm always worrying that he's heard something he shouldn't...

But I was worried Amber might wriggle a lot. The RSPCA centre we got her from warned us she dislikes being handled, but so far she'd been almost angelic about it... I just thought she might flip at the vets, but she was as good as gold and didn't wriggle at all. She managed to make me feel incredibly guilty in between the bit that went into the ear, and the bit that goes into the nape of the neck, though... As the vet drew back, she sat up on her hind legs, placed her front paws against me and stared at me like, 'Why, oh why?'

Now she's out in the garden next to my Barney boy, and they're both eating small chunks of carrot and apple as a treat.

... and she just needs to go back again in a few weeks for the VHD jab. *twitch*

Back