• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

piccies from banham zoo

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
went there today and got loads of piccies got slightly distracted at the rat enclosures (i would so love a ratty set up like that!) they also had a group of bunnies who were all in a heap snoozing

we had a great day and weather was fantastic

so anyhoo here are a selection of the 200 (!) piccies i took

banhamzoo1-aug-07166.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07176.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07172.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07163.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07112.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07109.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07103.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07101.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07093.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07084.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07069.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07074.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07064.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07037.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07016.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07017.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07024.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07022.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07013.jpg

banhamzoo1-aug-07005.jpg

sorry that odd photos are stupidely tiny i am so knackered i kept pressing the wrong button

C&C welcome

They are great photo's, love the leopard and meerkat and the water shots are fab too. Waffling now, :oops: they're ALL great!:lol:

Great photos, and saved me a job too..... I'll just show the kids the thread and not bother taking them out today!:lol:

Wow, these pics are stunning.
I am always a bit unsure about zoos but the animals there all look healthy and happy
Where is the zoo?

You are a good photographer. Lucky you being able to go home whilst all those poor souls are trapped there :(

What great pics :D and I agree the enclosures look clean and roomy and the animals look well cared for..
Not heard of this zoo though...

glad im not the only one who wants to see the rat incloser

imalways on the look out for new things to add to there cages

:D Awwwwwwwww lovely piccys Abi, its years since I went to Banham Zoo, bet its changes loads, glad you had a lovely day:D :D

:D thanks everyone :D

http://www.banhamzoo.co.uk/template.php?languageId=1

there is some info on banham zoo :)

i didnt think to take pics of the ratty enclosures :( but one is sort of large cabinet sized from about my waist to the ceiling and it has shelves all upp it twisted rope, hidey holes, branches etc and looked great fun, there were 2 rats living in there. the other one has loads and loads of rats all in a big group (i think these are more wild rats then fancy) and they have a great big room (not really sure on size) and it is all done to look like a barn it has straw bales in it which the rat can get in,behind and under it has shelves and ropes right up to the ceiling!! with big cart wheels and old barny looking stuff to play in i have been before and nearly all the rats were playing but this time we had just got there at feeding time so they were all sat in big bowls of veges and rat mix. there is also a tube thing into the enclosure where you can buy a grain food thing and put it down the tube into a bowl for the rats and someone did it whilst we were there and as soon as they turned the handle to get the food out (you get it out of the machine then put it in the chute) about 10 rats all ran to the bowl and started crowding round the tube :lol:

the bunny enclosure could be improved in terms of stuff for the buns to do but it was a good size although not sure how many bunnies were there as they were all in a hut asleep (couldnt get piccies as it was too dark inside and i didnt want to use the flash) there was a little cutie i would have loved to get a pic of because he was flopped on his side (almost on his back :lol: ) completely zonked out awwwww :love:

ooops im waffling now :oops: glad you liked the pics :)

aaawwww fab photos!! My parents and my little neice went there Tuesday and had a fab day too. Unfortunately i was working. I havent been for years

Back