• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone help my bunnies

willow

Warren Scout
I am suffering depression since having my baby a year ago. I am struggling with everyday life with my husband and daughter. I dont feel i can look after my bunnies anymore. It breaks my heart to have to give them up. I also have a court case in september regarding child abuse, i was abused by my father when i was younger and the case is against him. This isnt helping my depression at all. I cant give my bunnies to just anyone, i love them too much for that to happen, i need to know they are gonna go to a good home and be looked after properly. I know everyone on this forum are rabbit lovers, i know i should ask for permission to put my bunnies up for adoption but i am at the end of my tether and i just need some help. I have a male and female bonded pair, orio (male) is blind in one eye but has good health and pepper (female) is in good health. If anyone can help me it would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks

so sorry that you are having to give your bunnies up...:( they are a beautiful pair - I wish you all the luck in finding them a loving home

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time right now. I really hope things improve for you. Good luck with the court case xxx

Maybe you can find someone who is willing to foster them for you, and when you feel better and your baby is older, you can have them back. Just a thought.

I`m so sorry you`re having to rehome your bunnies, i know what a hard decision it is:(

I hope someone offers them a loving home as they really are beautiful & good luck with your court case................

Su.x

So, so sorry about what you are going through:( I wish you the very best wishes and hope you can find someone on here who can have your bun!

believe me i know where you are coming from and i wish you all the best getting back on your feet . things WILL get better,i know because ive been there.
your bunnies will be fine and i hope you find someone who you feel happy about leaving them with.
lots of luck & love x x

Thank you everyone for your support, i really appreciate it. Life gets a bit hard sometimes, we just have to fight through it x

I sometimes find I'm struggling to look after all my lot - my son's home educated with autism, and I'm a single parent with no car or family either. I do sometimes (OK often) whisper to myself as I stagger around at midnight trying to get the work done 'make it stop - I want to get off!' (the merry go round ain't so merry when you're tired out :rolleyes: ) But I just take it a day at a time. I get to bed and think wow - I did another day, and all the animals are happy, my son's been fed, I did it! When I think I should rehome them I know I'd only worry about them anyway for years and feel guilty, so it wouldn't help much.

Try just taking a day at a time if it's overwhelming - you can muddle through and leave stuff that doesn't really matter too - I only wash up once a day, don't iron (well OK - no husband's shirts so I'm lucky there), vacuum once a fortnight :oops: never dust :oops: :oops: etc. but we are all clean(ish) and well fed, which is the main thing - I stopped cleaning the animals out daily a loooooong time ago :shock:

Hope your court case goes OK - very hard facing that so try to cross that bridge when you get to it. When your daughter has an afternoon nap (oh how I missed those once my son got to 3yrs old :rolleyes: ) don't you go catching up with housework :no: Make that your 'me' time - have a nice soak in the bath, a sleep, or do some gardening or hobbies, go online - or play with your bunnies :)

It is very hard when you have a baby as it's never like you imagine it's going to be. I found an old diary I'd written whilst pregnant :lol: I actually believed my son would be 'sleeping through the night from 6 weeks' - I'm still getting up to tuck him in at 3am now he's 13 :lol: But you will survive and feel proud of yourself for surviving :)

Hey Willow, I know how you feel with the whole depression thing, i have suffered on and off for years, and have now been 3 whole months without any medication for which i am well chuffed with myself. The depression is the worst thing in the whole world, it makes you feel as if anything you do is worthless and what's the point in trying when it all goes wrong anyway. I was lucky in that my animals supported me and i used them as therapy, also lucky in that some days when I couldn't face them I just used to do a quick check and chuck food at them and they were happy with that. It will be a shame if you do rehome them but maybe what's best for you, depression is such a :censored: it really does take over your life, and i think unless you have been there you can't really understand it.
I hope you can find someone suitable to take your adorable bunnies, have you thought about posting them on rabbit rehome? And someone suggested you found a foster home, this might work for you for a year or so until you felt stronger maybe? at least then in a year you could either have them back or let them go completely having gradually got used to the idea.
Take care, PM me if you want to talk to a fellow depression sufferer
x Jess

I have decided that i cannot part with my bunnies no matter what i am going through or what i feel. It really upsets me thinking about sending them away. They are not catching any harm, they live better than most humans i think. No one could ever look after them the way i do. THey have blueberries,pear,greens and parsley every morning for breakfast (i know most people wouldnt feed their bunnies blueberries) and then for tea they have greens and carrot. They have unlimited hay and pellets, i clean them every other day. They live in my garage, they have it all to themselves, they even have their own fridge. They have 12 hours a day of being able to go in the garden if they want, I just leave the door open and they come and go as they please. I couldnt part with them and think they would get shut in. Pepper goes crazy if i shut her in a cage or carry case, she has never been shut in a cage, she has always had free run. Orio doesnt really care about anything as long a he gets his food (typical man). I want them to live the way they are used to, i'd feel so guilty knowing they were not going to get the same treatment. I want to thank everyone for their support though and im sorry if i wasted anyones time xxx

well even though i am 14 i have gone through depression. it was about a week aftermy kidney stone operation. i was really bad in it so much so nothing cheered me up apart from one little rabbit then - Mopsy =] (i didn't have either andy or rosie then) she used to come in in the daytime i even thought about self harming at one stage but then i thought of mopsy - it sounds sickly but sher and the others are helping me through it - still get it some times - but they have and i am sure always will help me for whatever =]

Aww I'm glad you've decided to keep them - you haven't wasted my time anyway as I reminded myself of how to cope too, in my reply - take it a day at a time and don't worry if it's not always perfect - that's life :)

Glad you've decided to keep them. I'm sure they're much better off with you.
I've had times where I've thought the buns don't get enough attention, but they have each other, are fed, watered and cleaned out regularly and lead a thoroughly nice life.

Sometimes we don't realise how much happiness and love our animals bring us till we think of life without them. Many people find their pets are good therapy and hopefully this will be the case for you too. Having loads to do with the bunnies is a good way to keep yourself going. The last thing you need to be doing is sitting about moping. You may not feel like doing anything, but the very fact you make yourself do it is keeping the depression from swallowing you up.
As for the court case, I wish you the very best of luck and i hope it isn't too draining on you.

If we have helped you decide to keep them (not that I have contributed to this), for the right reasons, then its time well spent.

Good Luck to you X

Glad to hear you decided to keep them. Sounds like you take very good care of them, and they are lucky to have you. Remember to enjoy them as well as taking care of them. I know when lifes troubles get me down, there's nothing like petting the soft head of a bunny, and getting those wonderful bunny kisses, to ease your troubles.

Back