• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boys more loveable than girls..

karen354

Warren Veteran
I have 2 bonded pairs, I find the boys very loving and run to me for attention.
The girls though are not that bothered about me :lol: they have their husbuns and they are enough for them.
Anyone else find their females like this ?

Crystal is very loveable with me :love: she is my little princess but her friend Honey is a rabbit that doesnt really like being fussed over :roll: :? Simba the only man in teh house hehe is also very loveable especially for an un-neutered male.

I don't think you can judge pets by gender, they have their differences (e.g. female buns are prone to being territorial, but in rats it's the opposite!) but each bun's personality varies so much you can't really put it down to being male/female. I've had skittish boys and seen some very cuddly girls (though Rose is only my second girl so I don't have loads of experience with them myself!)

I don't know... I think it's moreto do with the individual rabbit... My first rabbit was female, and she was very loving and loved to flop down resting against me. However, her bunny-buddy, Bonnie, who was also a female was a stroppy little madam who prefered to do her own thing. She became slightly more affectionate when her friend died, but she never exactly liked the attention. Barney - the only male rabbit I've owned thus far - has always been lovely. He's always delighted to see me, dances around me and loves giving kisses and receiving them in return. I thought he was just a one off, and that in getting him a friend I'd have to prepare myself for a more awkward bunny (comparitively speaking), but Amber, who is female, is remarkably like him...

I absolutely and totally agree that Bucks are more friendly, outgoing and make better companion rabbits.

I find girls a bit skittish and very independant in spirit.

We've a good mix of bucks and does and while I think girls tend to be a bit more "aloof" we do have one doe who is very soppy and loves human attention - just like her dad, who's Hazel our housebun, so I guess its partly personality but maybe boys are more often friendlier too.

Smokey is feisty too. However, the cunning methods she used to steal Inky's chew stick makes me think she is quite calculating!

My boys are more loving towards me than the girls are :D You should see the moods Buu gets in with me, I love stroppy buns though ;)

I have never had a stroppy male bun, but most of my females have been little madams! I did have one female called Bramble, she was just one of the best buns ever, probably my second fav after nutmeg (who was a boy! :roll: :lol: ) x Jess

Jen is friendlier than Frankie, although he's just generally quite shy and retiring. Vincent and Harley were both extremely friendly, even more so than Jen, and they were both bucks :love:

Well mine seem to be the exception:roll: as my girls (the ones with husbuns)are very loving, but the boys are too busy being boys (i.e. digging, making a mess, eating or guarding their wife!).
On the other hand though when I used to have single males they were very loving.
My trio of girlies are still quite skittish so I can't judge them fairly yet (only had them for 4 weeks), but I'm hoping that they'll start to be a bit more cuddly!

I was always told that bucks were friendlier and my one childhood rabbit was a male who was incredably tame and friendly and used to follow me around an happily let me carry him flopped over my shoulder. Saying that he was a good 13 years old and quite senile towards the end.

When it came to get rabbits of my own now i'm grown up with my own place i really wanted 2 neutered males but set my heart on rexes having never seen them before and seeing some from a local breeder. Unfortunatly he only had 2 'girls' so we took them home anyway as they were lovely. 1 week later we had a girl and a boy then another week later a girl and a neutered boy. I was convinced that the boy would turn out to be friendlier having hear about aggressive females but hoped for the best. It's a year late now and Rosie (my girl) is by far the friendliest of the pair, she hears you coming and will race down the garden path for nuzzels, she'll flop and expect you to spend ages stroking her and is convinced she rules the world but is happy to share it with you. Humphrey her brother is a nervous little man still, he'll occasionally be interested in us and will let me get the odd stroke and cuddle but his world revolves around his sister. I still suspect bucks are generally more friendly than girls but do think it demonstrates just how different they can be to our expectations.

Maybe it's because females seem to be more ruled by their hormones than males, even if they are spayed? So they seem more temperamental. Most boys seem calmer and more placid.

Audrey is the friendliest rabbit I've ever had, but she can also be very stroppy.

I read that buns get on with humans of the opposite sex better.

But last night I got nipped by a boy (Colin), chased by a boy (Calel), bunny-stamped at by a girl (kendra) & lunged at by a girl (Suki). I no longer like buns:lol:

I read that buns get on with humans of the opposite sex better.

But last night I got nipped by a boy (Colin), chased by a boy (Calel), bunny-stamped at by a girl (kendra) & lunged at by a girl (Suki). I no longer like buns:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard that of other animals too, but Audrey and Worm both love me :lol:
Might be my five o'clock shadow confusing them :? :lol: :lol:

(joke!!!!!)

jack loves to have all the attension. brandy pushes your hand away if you stroke her for too long. she also dosnt like us strokeing jack she will clean werever we have touched him

Back