• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they bored?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Piper and Minstrel have as of yesterday decided to pull everything (hay, megazorb, newspaper) out of their litter tray and spread it around. Also decided they don't fancy weeing in the tray and quite like weeing Everywhere else!

Could this be boredom? They have a tube, toilet rolls, a box with paper and hay in it, wooden carrot chew thingy, rope carrot thingy, lots of hay to eat and they have some of their veg in a hanging veggie rack thing in the evenings but cold they still be bored?

Have read Tamsin's thread about occupying rabbits so will try some of those things too.

I have a hormonal little teenbun at the moment who also likes this....could well be Pipers hormones kicking in.

Try adding an extra litter tray to whereever else it is they have decided to wee.

:lol: :lol: I litter trained Charlie and he was doing brilliantly until he turned into a teenage monster, I gave up temporarily and then tried again when he was neutered, he took to using his tray like a duck to water and doesn't go anywhere else (apart from the paving slabs that were recently bleached but I think he was just remarking his territory:shock:)

Lilly and Marsh have a tray with hay in it what they do thier business in but lately when i put it back in the hutch after cleaning it, Lilly tips it everywhere.

she then poos in the tray not on the hay.

problem is it confuses the hell out of Marsha x

It just sounds like its bunnies being bunnies! I don't know of any bunny which doesn't destroy their accommodation! Within hours of me cleaning my two out, they've dragged straw about, dug out their litter tray!

My naughty bun drags her tray across the cage and sometimes I have come home to find it at a strange angle as it is propped up at one end by her food bowls. What's more worrying is she is sat in it, just staring into space. I often wonder if she is dreaming of sledging downhill in it!!!:lol:
She also poos in the litter tray, but drags it out when she needs a wee and wees in the corner of the cage instead!! What a nutter!!

Thanks for all your replies, I will try and give them some more things to keep them entertained and hope they don't make too much mess in Sean's lounge!!

Back