• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
rite, at the min my two are in a hutch which has a big run underneath/ normally i shut them up at nite but will it b ok to leave them down and they can go up when they want?
Its just ivenever left them down, what with the weather n what not.

thanks x

I always wanted to shut mine safely upstairs in their hutches, but they had other ideas :roll: I gave in in the end and let them have the run at night, but I make it very secure every bedtime - I cover it with rugs and sheets of wood up against the sides, plus nursery fireguards held in place with bricks - we have foxes and tomcats round here so I try to make it difficult for them to even see the rabbits, or for the rabbits to see them. It's a 15 minute workout getting it all covered up, only to uncover again in the morning, but it's good excercise :)

Thanks elve, i think il shut them up to keep myself sane and make sure i sleep... they'll be in thier big run all day tomorrow so i don't feel so bad xxx

I would keep them locked up....its amazing what they will do to get out and what other creatures will do to get in :shock:

Mine have access to their runs at night but my garden is very secure. High fences, two high locked gates and only other gardens around so we dont get any wild animals in here, and have no foxes over here anyway :D All we get in are cats and my cat usually chases them away :lol: If you dont feel alright about leaving them in the run though I would probably shut them in the hutch at night x

Back