• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to give bunnies a forever home...

twee

Young Bun
but don't know where to go to do it. :?

I live in Herne Bay in Kent and i am finally moving house on Thursday after which I will build my bunny palace ready for 2 bunnies. :D
My problem is i don't know where to go to find them. Do i look at my local rescues that take all sorts of animals or go to a specific buuny rescue?? Been looking at the websites of the nearest ones to me on this site (briars patch, eastbourne rescue) but is this too far for a bunny(s) to travel as they are about 2 hours from me. Been a while since i have had a bunny and having surfed this site, know i need 2 so they can keep each other company. OH wants a dutch and everytime i show him a rescue one on here he wants it!!!

I do keep looking at Pete, he is such a handsome fellow! May have to travel to see him and see what they say about the distance

I would try to get some bonded bunnies from the same rescue if you can - much less hassle and worry for you. :)

I have a dutch cross lionhead and her daughter who is a beautiful fudge colour. Mum is about a year i think and daughter about 6 months, i am fostering them for Southampton rabbit rescue!
this is their thread, they are much friendlier now and last night were free running down the side of the house for the first time as i am now confident i can catch them again!!!!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=95754

just thought i would post these pics here too!
Dscn1277.jpg

Dscn1273.jpg

Dscn1274no2.jpg

Dscn1271.jpg

enjoy!

She is beautiful, unfortunately I really can't keep her long term :cry: Don't really have the space or the finances to go up to nine so fostering her for now and looking for a suitable home! :D

She is beautiful, unfortunately I really can't keep her long term :cry: Don't really have the space or the finances to go up to nine so fostering her for now and looking for a suitable home! :D

Dont say that!!!!

she has a home she has a home she has a home *covers eyes and runs* :oops:

Hi Twee

I live in Herne Bay too - we must be very close by as it really isn't that big a place. I'm going to PM you as to where I got mine from. You are welcome to come and visit them to see how they are and for a chat as to who I found helpful etc. I'll PM you my email addy too.
There is a beautiful 9 month old girl @ P@H rescue in Canterbury who needs homing - she has had a bad start and needs some TLC

She definitely doesn't have a home sooz, which amazes me, because she is a stunner! Her wood chewing leaves something to be desired though! :shock: Have tried so many treats but nothing seems to beat chewing the run and hutch! :lol: xJess

Thanks for all the info. Will keep those two gorgeous bunnies in mind. BT can't have my broadband online until Monday, so probably can't check anything on here until then!:wave:

Back