• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeling gutted

:cry:
feel really bad to day , came down to find Fudge my beutiful castor rex bunny had died in his sleep he was only 18m old & was fine last night , infact he had his usal cuddle n snuggle, so in some ways its worse , as i dont know why he isnt here today :(
deciding weather to let the vet do a pm :(
R.I.P my specail little man

It's always hard to loose those special friends. But when it's so sudden, it's very hard to understand. I'm dealing with the same kind of loss. Fine one day, gone the next. I'm still trying to make sense of it all, but can't seem to find any. My sympathy is with you! :cry:

I am really sorry :cry:

Personally I would request a PM in such circumstances but I fully understand those who could not.

Do you have other Rabbits ? If so are they all VHD Vaccinated?

What a terrible shock for you :cry:

Janex

So sorry Bramblewood, what a sad day for you :cry:

Two people I know lost rabbits suddenly recently, both with a perforated bowel!

A PM is worth doing if you can afford it.

A limited post mortem - an inspection of the rabbit's internal organs - can be performed by your own vet. Your vet needs to be experienced at rabbit autopsies, as appearances change very rapidly after death, especially in the GI tract. The cost will be in the region of £15 - £20.

hugs to you xxx

Tia dropped dead suddenly too - it's a dreadful shock :( I couldn't afford an autopsy as my vet doesn't do them - they quoted me £150 and I had to get her from Sheffied to Leeds next morning - impossible with no car :(

Bunnies are fragile though - could be a number of causes including VHD, E-cuniculi, or simple heart problems caused by genetics if they're purebred, which Tia was :(

I'm very sorry :cry: .

My rex Rowan died on Christmas day last year suddenly :cry: I didn't have a PM done as the vets was closed for a few days.

I`m so sorry for your sudden loss:cry: :cry:

I too would also seriously consider having a pm done, especially if you have other bunnies.

Thinking of you,
Su.x

I'm so sorry for you Bramblewood. The least I can say is that because he was his usual self last night you can be sure that he did not suffer long and probably slipped away without knowing

RIP Fudge, binky free xxx

I am SO sorry to hear this.....what a horrific shock it must have been for you to find poor Fudge this morning when he had been fine last night.:cry: :cry:

Binky free, little Fudge. XXX :cry:

Back