• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxomatosis this year?

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
Has anyone else heard a rumour that there is going to be a big myxi outbreak this year? I heard cos of the awful wet humid weather and cos the biting insects on the rise that the risk of a myxi outbreak is very high...:(

I have heard this same thing from several different places. It scares the daylights out of me, and I REALLY hope that it doesn't materialise.:( :( :(

I had one Myxi rabbit arrive at the rescue!!!!!! and had to have her put to sleep :cry: a shame the owners had not noticed her eyes were swollen shut and her nose was very congested, obvious signs!!! I vaccinate every six months, some of the rabbits are due the end of august again but have done them this week to be on the safe side.

Just heard on the BBC News that Mozzies are going to be RIFE this year with NORFOLK being the worst affected region

Janex

There is virtually permanent myxi where I live (south Oxfordshire). I work in a place where there are thousands of wild rabbits, and I realised how bad it was when I went somewhere else and came across a rabbit that DIDN'T have myxi and thought 'how beautifully healthy that rabbit looks'.

My buns will be done again soon to keep them inside the 6 monthly vaccination expiry time.

Back