• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mady bit hubby

madysmummy

Mama Doe
as he was trying to pick her up from the run in the gardent o bring her in , she went for him, and bit his arm. no blood but i am shocked :shock: !
she is getting worse and worse when i carry her down to the garden to the run, and she head butted my lip the other day.
we hold her safely, under her bun with one hand and under her front paws with the other.
not sure what to do.

ah bless x sounded very much like mopsy when she was younger x =] keep hanging in there - at least it was the hubby not you =]

Fudge is a bit like that, you'd be better using a carrier like Tamsin suggested, thats what I use.

When I first read this I thought it said Mandy, not Mady, then realised it was in bunny chat!:lol:

mmm I agree with Tamsin, my girl Isabelle like that and although i can cuddle her indoors, she doesnt like transit, so I pop her in travel cage in and out... makes life easier and arms, jaw less painful!!:lol:

Is it just when she's carried/picked up? You could use a carrier instead :)

yes it is - she was ok, but cos we have a garden now so pick her up more, to take her back and forth from the garden, so has got worse. if we got a carrier
how do you get her in the carrier in the first place without picking her up ???

I've never had this problem as I was scared of handling my rabbits, so planned my setup so they just hop out of their hutch/shed for exercise on the patio without needing to be picked up. I never let them on the grass as they are diggers, and really they don't get much out of being sat in a smallish run. Maybe Maddie prefers being exercised in the house? Or could you possibly enclose an area from the back door and let her take herself outside?

Last edited:
yes it is - she was ok, but cos we have a garden now so pick her up more, to take her back and forth from the garden, so has got worse. if we got a carrier

Evo just walks into his carrier if we put it in front of him! :D

but it in her run or at the entrance of the hutch. Throw a couple of pellets and wait.....

Most buns hate beling picked up and being picked up and walked is even worse. Save picking up for bum checks and be sure to give some treats for good behavior.

Hi,

Feed her when she comes in, she will get use to the fact and look forward to
coming in with the carrier.

That's the plan anyway :roll: :roll: :lol:

Maureen

I have this problem with Bertie, he's never bitten us, but he clearly dosen't like being picked up, I try to keep it to a minimum, but would like to stop it altogether unless I have to, so these tips are really helpful, thanks :thumb:

Millie doesn't like being carried and will struggle - my arms are covered with scars where her sharp little claws have gouged bits out! She willingly hops into her carrier to be taken to and from her run. I'm just a bit worried because she's off to Grandpa's for her holidays next week and she seems to have taken a dislike to men at the moment - she growled and pounced at Steve when he tried to stroke her at the weekend!
Jane

I have this problem with Dusty - I can't carry her to her run outside, as I don't have the strength to stop her from making it a break for it - the husband can keep hold of her, but frequently gets kicked in the face! I would put her in a carrier, but it's even harder (and more stressful) to get her into one of those.

Back