• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Gates....

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
..does anyone use these in their home to stop buns getting out or into a room? I'm thinking of getting one....:?

it doesnt say how far apart the bars are but looking at it on the picture i think mine might squeeze through

I've got the Lindam one to keep Scamp in the kitchen. He's tiny tho so I've put mesh over. The main benefit is the people gate that makes it easier than climbing over barriers etc. I can go measure the bars for you if you like?

Tam

I had one as the door in the old bun shed (inside of the main door, so they didn't run out) but meshed over to prevent them escaping, got a pic somewhere..
We got given one and found another really cheap at a carboot sale, so you don't have to splash out loads for a brand new one. You could try Ebay and Freecycle too :)

Last edited:
Here we go -
P6170079.jpg

Romy, I just bought the gate you have printed. I have had to move into another house, as mine was affected by floods, and put my bunnies in the bathroom. This gate is fantastic as I can keep the door open and they have a lot of space in there. I wish I had had time to go to a car boot where they would have been £5.00, but I was in a hurry and it cost £29.00 but its great.

I've got the Lindam one to keep Scamp in the kitchen. He's tiny tho so I've put mesh over. The main benefit is the people gate that makes it easier than climbing over barriers etc. I can go measure the bars for you if you like?

Tam

That would be fab if you have time? Thanks Tamsin!:D

the lascal one is made out of strong plastic coated fabric... but, I've not seen one in the flesh, so don't know how strong it is! :lol:
Mothercare tends to be expensive, the lindam one is cheaper: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3753282.htm
I'm not sure what the gap size is for them all though...
If you are worried about juping over - there is this one:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8704346.htm

Hey CM, I love the look of that second one! I hadn't realised they do puppy/dog gates!! Silly me :roll: It says distance between bars is 4.8cm to 5.5cm and I can't see any of my buns being able to get thru that kind of space..:?

Romy, I just bought the gate you have printed. I have had to move into another house, as mine was affected by floods, and put my bunnies in the bathroom. This gate is fantastic as I can keep the door open and they have a lot of space in there. I wish I had had time to go to a car boot where they would have been £5.00, but I was in a hurry and it cost £29.00 but its great.

I'm so sorry you got flooded out. I hope you and your family keep safe and get back to normal life as soon as possible. Thanks for telling me about the gate. They do look good x:D

I think for a normal bunny it would be fine. Scamps only 760g tho so he can squeeze through all sorts!

Tam

Back