• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help dillion is STILL moulting

willowflower27

Mama Doe
ok a while back i posted saying dillion was losing loads of fur and actually going bald took him a long to my vet and was told that it was a really bad moult which is fine and his fur grew back in really quickly but it's STILL happening vet has taken skin scraping and he is free from mites and blood tests are all clear so i'm at a loss
it's just he looks so miserable and keeps looking at the bald patches it's as if he has a complex
anyone have any ideas?

Not sure what you can do really to stop him moulting. You could try Assisi grooming lotion (from Bunnymail) to soothe the skin, it's supposed to encourage regrowth too.

no haven't been like i said didn't really know what was wrong there doesn't seem to be a medical reason for the moult at least not one my vet can find
wasn't sure what to put on his coat as well it isn't itchy or causing him upset he's still eating etc he just seems to realize that there is something wrong
probably my fault because i'm horrified when huge clumps come out in my hand when i'm stroking him i try not to let on that it upsets me but he used to have a beautiful coat
he is still a beautiful bunny and i love him to bits it's just a bit distressing for me when it comes out thankfully it has been growing in just as quickly i was just wndering if it's going to happen everytime he moults

and another question how long does a moult generally last? dillion has been moulting since january which i thought was a pretty long time

hi i been told by the vet they can moulting for long time it depend on them just has to brush them every day but it fun to brush them cos they like being pamper!!! :lol: :lol:

my thumper been moulting for 4 month and have some bald patch,, it nornal for them but it not nice to see a bald patch cos we think there something wrong with them but it not!!!

I have a minilop that is experiencing the same problems - been to the vet, no mites or parasites - I'm wondering if it could be an allergic reaction to the litter, hay, etc.?

I have other buns that are in the same environment (inside buns) and they are fine.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Back