• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unfortunate rehoming

Hana24

New Kit
Hi

I need just a bit of advice...due to unforseen circumstances my partner and I have been forced to down size to a flat which means giving up our babies ASAP, as it is above a bakers so even our house trained bunny will not be able to stay.
I am concerned that they have never been handled by children and therefore I wouldn't be happy for a child to be a predominant carer for them.
Also I have a Lionhead that hasn't been spayed and dosen't particularily like anybody or other bunnies unless there is a fence between them so I am happy for her to go on her own but again how I can I ensure that somebody is experienced enough to deal with a bunny with attitude???
Sarah my gorgeous Dutch is house trained but mainly lives outside and although dosen't live with my pair of guinea pigs is exercised with them and I think she would miss them very much if they were separated therefore I need somebody to take all three.
I want to make sure I do this properly as I don't want them to be uprooted again and want to ensure they receive the best possible care.

Any advice please as I have never had to do this before???:( :( :( :(

sorry that you're having to give up your babies... I'd suggest lots of pictures and detailed info about them. have you put them on Rabbit Rehome yet?

Sorry you have to rehome your buns:(

If you PM SOAD, Tamsin, Adele or Mandy, they can put your buns on Rabbits in Need for you. Or if you say where you are, we can give you a list of local Rescues on RR, that may be able to help. Rescues are pretty full at the moment so maybe you will get put on a waiting list, & ideally you want one that homechecks.

As for the fiesty bun - spaying may fix that anyway:D

I haven't put them on Rabbit Rehome yet but will defo look into this but until then a list of rescue centres would be great I am in about half hour from Cambridge and ten minutes from Huntingdon.
Alternatively I could advertise locally and complete a home check myself????

It may be worthwhile asking a local rescue if you could rehome them using their contract eg: while you complete all stages of the rehoming procedure personally you use one of their adoption contracts stating that the rabbits must be returned to the rescue should the new owners be unable to keep them, meaning the rabbits are covered for life and you know the rescue will take care of them.

The rescues may ask for certain procedures to be carried out for this though such as the bunnies being vet checked, the new owners meeting certain criteria etc.

Back