• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold Ears!

Last winter my dwarf lop had cold ears (she's an indoor rabbit) we didn't have any heating and no carpet down. Once this was all sorted she was fine. However when i went to give them breakfast this morning my rex had cold ears? It was alittle bit cooler last night but nothing major (defo not cold enough for heating to be turned on!). Does cold ears mean they are cold? Or does it mean something else?

I think they use their ears for temperature regulation so her ears being cool probably means she is on the cool side. However, their fur keeps them nicely insulated so I don't imagine she's too cold :)
You probably also have warmer hands then you do in winter so her ears would feel cooler to you now

His eating and pooing fine. Bugs always had cold ears when we first moved in and had no heating! We only got it for her, if we was cold we put more jumpers on! :lol: I will keep and eye on him though but he came running up to cage for his morning fuss when i went in to see him.

I've never really worried about ears... My rabbit's ears are often fairly cool compared to my hands. I only really take note of them if the ears are very cold to the touch and this is accompanied by strange behaviour, such as barely moving. Or, sometimes, if the ears are very warm I tend to worry.

Then again, I'm a paranoid bunny mummy. :oops:

I've never really worried about ears... My rabbit's ears are often fairly cool compared to my hands. I only really take note of them if the ears are very cold to the touch and this is accompanied by strange behaviour, such as barely moving. Or, sometimes, if the ears are very warm I tend to worry.

Then again, I'm a paranoid bunny mummy. :oops:

Don't worry so am i!

Back