• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses buns actually like panacur paste? U/D now with Video!

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
All of my buns are on 28day course of panacur after discovering wormies, but some of them actually like panacur.

The benjamin will actually bite and lick the syringe, and open his mouth ready for it... really easy job :lol:. Oscar does the same, and will lick his lips.

Polo quite likes it now too, but Opal hates it. :lol:

I will get a video of it later!

Last edited:
I thought Barney liked it... But towards the end of his 9 day preventative treatment, he got very awkward. He's tuck his head into my neck, and ended up spitting it out all over my shoulder.

Ive got it in my hair a few times, and on my arms but they like it that much they will try and lick it off my arms! :shock: :shock:

Oh yes, Maddie (who is also known as an eating machine) loves the taste. She bit the syringe and thought it was a special treat. When i was getting used to using the syringe, I ended up with it on my toes and the floor - not a problem, Maddie would lick it up - ewww!

yup! two days into giving panacur, I have found Rolo trying to chew the syringe that i had put down whilst preparing the second one for Ozzie. And Ozzie will like it from the syringe without having to catch him or anything! I am so so so pleased I can tell you!

my 2 were fine eating it until i made the mistake of giving to them one day on kiwi after that they wouldnt eat it uness it was spread on dried kiwi fruit :roll: :lol:

2 of mine loved it, 2 of them hated it!!
I'm starting the other 3 on it tomorrow so I'm hoping they love it too!

Ive had a handful who liked it but out of nearly 50 its not very good going for a paste thats supposed to be 'palatable' :?

I use the liquid now though and thats much worse.

All the girls hate it, the boys aren't so bad, in fact I'm sure Trevor likes it. He's very easy to give it to and doesn't seem to mind the taste.

Helen

The benjamin had what we thought were worms, so they are all on panacur 28days, only found two wormies, none in the poo and havnt found any since.

i forgot to get vids but i will get them tomorrow :D Polo, Oscar and the benjamin all love it but Opal hates it.

As promised here is a video, please excuse the jacket, it is an old work fleece which is great for cleaning out hutches etc :lol:

Back