• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You stupid, dumb rabbits LOL!!

Witchy

Warren Scout
My fat french lops now have their new hutches, two which have been joined together to make one large hutch.

(Note: Not as big as 6x2x2 as advertised so bit disappointed - buyers beware if purchasing the below hutch from ebay)

It's all fab and groovy but, the silly little ******* keep looking at the ramp and are not making any attempt to enjoy their new 12ft x 4ft open run under their hutches.

I've tried putting my hand up the hole to show them the gap, tried hay at the bottom and tried lettuce at each step!! Nothing, not a sausage of interest!! :lol:

Any clever tricks that I could try?? It's so funny, it's just making me laugh that they are staying in their hutch when there is all this free space for them to run in lol.

GiantHutchRunCombo.jpg

My fat french lops now have their new hutches, two which have been joined together to make one large hutch.

(Note: Not as big as 6x2x2 as advertised so bit disappointed - buyers beware if purchasing the below hutch from ebay)

It's all fab and groovy but, the silly little ******* keep looking at the ramp and are not making any attempt to enjoy their new 12ft x 4ft open run under their hutches.

I've tried putting my hand up the hole to show them the gap, tried hay at the bottom and tried lettuce at each step!! Nothing, not a sausage of interest!! :lol:

Any clever tricks that I could try?? It's so funny, it's just making me laugh that they are staying in their hutch when there is all this free space for them to run in lol.

What hutch??:? :?

I've seen those hutches/runs on ebay, and thought they looked quite nice. How much smaller is it than was advertised? :?

I'd have to measure it to be exact but I'd estimate it to be 18" high (at the front) and 18" deep.

Don't get me wrong, they are really good hutches but, I bought a really nice hutch for £200 off ebay at 6x2x2 18 months ago (now back on ebay!) and it is the size it should be - these new ones look much smaller compared to my old hutch.

Maybe if I didn't have my original hutch to compare it with then I would be happy with its size.....

I would be EXTREMELY annoyed if I bought a hutch and discovered that it was 6 inches shorter than advertised either way!!!:evil: :evil: They do look LOVELY hutches....but they should really advertise them at the actual dimensions that they are.:?

I know, its a bit annoying but I've put them together now - and joined them to each other......

Anyway! Any suggestions on getting my boys to use their rams so they can enjoy their over-sized run?

Food glorious food is all I can think off! Also pop them in the run and they will more easily work out how to get up the ramp. They normally make more effort to work it out if they know what they are missing, good luck

Ramps? Inky wouldn't touch one until he saw Smokey use it. If you can get one to use it, the other usually follows. Also, try putting them in the run, so they have to climb the ramp to get back up, going up is easier and most bunnies like climbing.

I had to scare theo up and down the ramp because he was terriefied of it. Kept peering down at cleo!!!!

I patted his lil bum til he ran off and up the ramp- and has no trouble ever since.....

Its the initial step!

Took Charlotte 4 days!

I pushed her gently up and down in those 4 days and when i saw she had gone back up by herself i was ecstatic!!

LOL

Im glad Im not the only one then - they sit there looking at me as if to say "What do you call this! This isn't a hutch! Our last hutch was huuuuge compared to this hideous thing! And wos this big gap all about! We've nowhere to lay out properly now! You stupid owner!

And I'm looking at them and saying "are you thick? Don't you burrow out of habbit - I thought you'd just go down the hole out of instinct?"

We're all just looking at each other and calling each other stupid LOL :lol:

Back