• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild buns

JayUK

Mama Doe
:wave:
I went to see Sue at Southampton rabbit rescue at the week-end, as she's looking after Bertie while we're away next. She has 2 wild little buns, Sophie and Sally, that someone had left on her doorstep, and she's hand rearing them.
Sophie is quite tame but Sally's still very nervous. I've never been so close to them, it was amazing and they are so beautiful :love:

I have a little wild bunny who I hand reared from 4 days old along with her 3 brothers who I unfortunately lost from bloat.

'Spudsey' is now a beautiful 15 week old bun!:)

HI Jayuk! :wave: were you the person ages ago who asked about boarding in hampshire? just been speaking to sue on messenger, she was telling about the holiday buns, they bring in so much needed money for the rescue. and the wild buns are just gorgeous! enjoy your holiday! :wave: x Jess

HI Jayuk! :wave: were you the person ages ago who asked about boarding in hampshire? just been speaking to sue on messenger, she was telling about the holiday buns, they bring in so much needed money for the rescue. and the wild buns are just gorgeous! enjoy your holiday! :wave: x Jess

Hi Jess:wave:
yes it was me, and I'm really grateful I was directed to Sue by y'all, what a dedicated lady. Her shed with all those sick buns is like a bunny hospital!
She has some lovely buns for re-homing, and if Bertie makes a friend, we'll be bringing another one home I think!!
Thanks so much :D

Go Spudsey! Does it feel any different having a wild bun or a domestic one?

She can be very nervous,for example if you are sitting on the floor whether she knows you or not she will come and climb on you. But if you move even a hand she will run!

But she can be very friendly, if you stroke her cheeks she will rest her front paws and head down like she is enjoying it, and in the evenings before I go bed I go to see her in her cage (its indoors at present) and she will stick her nose through and let you kiss her plus will lick you to death!!

Also inquistive likes sitting on my bay window with her head under the net curtains being nosy!

plus she is very very energetic, she can jump!!!

doesn't like being picked up though, my arms are so scratched at the moment I look like I've been self harming myself.

She can be very nervous,for example if you are sitting on the floor whether she knows you or not she will come and climb on you. But if you move even a hand she will run!

But she can be very friendly, if you stroke her cheeks she will rest her front paws and head down like she is enjoying it, and in the evenings before I go bed I go to see her in her cage (its indoors at present) and she will stick her nose through and let you kiss her plus will lick you to death!!

Also inquistive likes sitting on my bay window with her head under the net curtains being nosy!

plus she is very very energetic, she can jump!!!

doesn't like being picked up though, my arms are so scratched at the moment I look like I've been self harming myself.

How special is that :D

very special!!! I find it amazing that the same characteristics of domestic bunnies are in wild ones too but they obviously never come out, like the relaxed state when she gets some fuss.

Back