• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why wont he use the litter tray!!!!!!!!!!

kelzuna

Warren Scout
You may have already seen my previous post...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=97698

Liquorice is fine using litter tray in hutch but when allowed to roam free he will not go in the dam thing!

He just wee's next to it - tried treats (they distract him and he runs after them even tho they are there for him in tray) tried hay (he eats it from outside and wees there!) tried placing him in at 'appropriate' time (he struggles and runs out) ....

He always goes to the landing, have placed several trays in his fave spots, he just changes spot!! Its not like he isnt on grass either, he out all day and when he looks like he needs to toilet i let him out on the grass, an hour later he comes in - goes straight upstairs and wees left of his bloody litter tray!!!

What do i do????? :censored:

Hmmm - I have a stubborn bunny too and have tried every combination of tray etc etc. before giving up and resigning myself to cleaning up :?

Rabbits get in habits (hey that rhymes :p ) but they do - you have to break the habit. If he's in the habit of going on the landing floor then don't let him on the landing, or take up the carpet, or wash down where he's been with biological washing powder solution.

If he's just using cat litter trays, try putting a plastic storage box there instead - the high sides mean he has to jump into the box to eat the treats and hay, and he can't pee over the side either.

As for the grass - if he eats it he maybe doesn't want to spoil it? How big is his run and is there a tray in there too?

He has the full garden when we are in (i am on summer hols now so he is very rarely in his run or hutch).

The run is 8ft x 6ft.

Back