• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ramp collapsed, check yours

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I was just out in the garden when there was a loud bang coming from the hutch. I looked and the ramp had broken and fallen down into the run, while Luna was trying to walk up into the hutch. She is the lightest of my 3 bunnies, but the wooden piece that keeps the ramp in place, had only been stapled onto the ramp itself. My boy friend is now fixing it with proper screws.

Luckily Luna seems to be unhurt, and my other two bunnies were not under the ramp at that moment.

So anyone who has a Happy Hutch combo, please make sure that your ramp is not only held together by staples, that is very unsafe. I should have noticed that sooner. Please add some screws so that your ramp does not break apart on the top end.

I'll go check mine - not HH, but I think most ramps are constructed that way... thanks for the tip & glad no-bun got hurt!

I bet you got a nasty shock when that happened :shock: So glad Luna and the other buns are OK.

I wonder if it's worth letting the guy who owns Happy Hutch know what happened? He might want to rethink how the ramps are attached? :?

I told them before that I don't like the fact that all the bits are stapled, both hutches were damaged when I received them, and the pices had come apart where they were stapled together. But I guess it is a question of time and money. My boyfriend always tries to make the hutches and runs stronger with some extra screws, sealant etc..

Back