• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home

sazzy

Warren Veteran
Went to newark yesterday and went in pah it was lovely all the bunnies were in 2 pens and there was 2 pens with guinea pigs in there was also a german lop for £79 and my mum said who would pay that for a bunny and i said someone who was serious about getting a bunny and not just buying one on a whim for a child they all looked happy had plenty of food water and hay they had the adopation area too with 3 bunnies a hamster and a gerbil all for adoption.

the one in lincoln's like that now too. i feel sorry or the giant house bun cos the majority of people that buy from there won't get anything that pricey. i know it stops him from going with the wrong people, but the alternative is living in a p@h store- it still isn't right. i always have a peek at the adoption buns tho. some of them are soooo lovely and obviously just need neutering and a great big run

I find it hard to see why anyone is so willing to phrase them, at the end of the day the so called rescues are not always animals from a rescue, but rather old stock they couldn't sell or animals the public have dumped on them, and yet it would seem that unlike a proper rescue they fail to do any basic health checks on the animal, and I know of at least one person who walked away with a medium rabbit with nails over an inch too long and the vet was surprised it could even eat as it needed serious dental work. The owner also walked away with a 4ft hutch!:shock:

Also it is them who buy off that awful animal mill where the animals are just breeding machines and kept in dear knows what type of conditions and as any animal is bred to produce babies is it really any wonder buns have so many dental problems in the first place?! Plus is it any wonder other animals are suffering, hamsters are lucky to see 2 or 3 years yet 10 years ago it was normal to have a hamster live to 3-4 years. They are undoubtly a bigger contributor than other local small stores, as most of them source off local breeders, not mills, it is p@h who keep these mills open!:evil:

Fair enough they may be doing a few things right, but at the end of the day they are doing a *eck of a lot more wrong, very wrong. The only reason they even took the 'rescue' steps that they did was to try to prevent protests and therefore loosing money as many people on here and elsewhere were so :censored: angry at them, yet people seem to ignore the bigger picture.

Rant over:oops:

oh i'm aware that p@h is still way far from being perfect. there's another thread on here about the revamps. i still wouldn't get a bunny off them even an adoption one. just the other day i saaw they had a beautiful little dutch with little white socks. very inquisitive. but the sign said 'nobody wanted me andnow i've got too big'. that just screams p@h bun past his sell by date :(

I find it hard to see why anyone is so willing to phrase them, at the end of the day the so called rescues are not always animals from a rescue, but rather old stock they couldn't sell or animals the public have dumped on them, and yet it would seem that unlike a proper rescue they fail to do any basic health checks on the animal, and I know of at least one person who walked away with a medium rabbit with nails over an inch too long and the vet was surprised it could even eat as it needed serious dental work. The owner also walked away with a 4ft hutch!:shock:

Also it is them who buy off that awful animal mill where the animals are just breeding machines and kept in dear knows what type of conditions and as any animal is bred to produce babies is it really any wonder buns have so many dental problems in the first place?! Plus is it any wonder other animals are suffering, hamsters are lucky to see 2 or 3 years yet 10 years ago it was normal to have a hamster live to 3-4 years. They are undoubtly a bigger contributor than other local small stores, as most of them source off local breeders, not mills, it is p@h who keep these mills open!:evil:

Fair enough they may be doing a few things right, but at the end of the day they are doing a *eck of a lot more wrong, very wrong. The only reason they even took the 'rescue' steps that they did was to try to prevent protests and therefore loosing money as many people on here and elsewhere were so :censored: angry at them, yet people seem to ignore the bigger picture.

Rant over:oops:

Agreed, well said :thumb:

Back