• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter problems in run

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
My two bunnies get exercise in one of those octagon pet enclosures. I dont have much paved area in my garden so I the enclosures are in the grass. We move them around from time to time to let the grass grow and to keep them from digging at the same holes (not that they do this much).
My problem is I place litter trays in the run but they never use them, when I let them in the house they never use them either but they are very good at using the trays in their hutch.
I have to get the rubber gloves on and manually pick up the poop (lovely) but obviuosly this cant be very hygienic for them.

Does anybody have any tips on how to solve the problem?

It does take a whle to get them using litter trays, espesh as you move them about so its a new area...

xxx

My two used to be brilliant about using their litter tray in the run, and although they still use it to wee in, the grass looks like "raisin city" by the end of the day. I just sweep it into a big heap and then chuck it on the borders(great fertiliser!). I move the run to a different position every day.

Back