• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney & Amber - Day one.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Wahey!
I adopted a second rabbit, yesterday, after over a month of searching for a spayed female bunny with uppity ears. When we brought her home, Barney was in the backgarden, in his run and so he never had a proper look at her, until that evening. He was brought back to his hutch, which is at an angle to Amber's, so they can see one another. Despite Amber giving him her full attention, Barney didn't seem to notice her, as he was too busy stuffing his face with the pellets in his bowl... About part way through this, he seemed to suddenly realise he was not alone. He left half his pellets and pressed himself against the wire mesh at the front, with his ears flat, looking quite tense. After an hour of this, he gradually relaxed and his ears came up and he sat normally, occasionally eating or cleaning himself. I have no idea what Amber was doing - for all I know, she could've been jigging about making him feel worried. I can't see into her hutch from the kitchen window...

This morning, after having my dad drive me up to a garden centre, I bought my second run. Barney is now in the new run, and Amber is in the old one, they're placed side by side, like this...

rabbitruns.jpg

Barney is incredibly interested in Amber now. He tries to follow her about as she skips to and fro, and has been trying to bite his way through the mesh, or dig his way across. And Amber is playing it cool and nibbling grass. But occasionally she'll skip across to have a look at him, like this:

BarneyAmber.jpg

She looks all happy to be outside! ^^ So, I thought I'd throw another photo in of her taking a look around 'her' garden.

Amber_2.jpg

So am I. ^^
Since this morning, Barney has been doing a lot of showing off in an effort to get Amber's attention. There's been a lot of prancing over his brick and stretchy tube like a pony, and tossing both the large tube and toilet tube whilst I hum 'Macho, macho man' for him. And in the past hour, Amber has started doing binkies around her run, so I'm glad she seems happy.

I'm going to introduce them some time next week, I think. I'm looking forward to it.

Back