• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm being paranoid but to put my mind at rest.

Ozzy'sMummy

Alpha Buck
Some of you may have read about my experience at the vets on wednesday night with the myxi bun having to be put down and me being sent away.

I'm worried cause Ozzy has very slight watery eyes (no gunk, completely clear liquid) and a slight cyst and little scab on his bare bald patch of skin on his back. He majorly moulted and now he has a bald patch and wood shaving have been rubbing on it and there is a slight scab and little lump (half the size of a 5p).

In himself he's happy, lively, eyes wide open and sparkly, eating, drinking and pooing and weeing for england.

The eyes have been checked by the vet and he has drops and has baytril to make sure the infection in his mouth is completely gone. Also the vet says the lump is a little cyst but it's fine at the moment and just needs to be checked and she says he hasn't got myxi at all.

I think I'm being paranoid and really as he's been checked by the vets i've answered my own questions but I'm still worried.

Thoughts?

You can't help but worry and be a little paranoid when you love them so very much. Especially after loosing a bunny so soon. Today, I know all too well how fast they can slip away. My little Smeagol was fine yesterday and died at the vets office today. Raging pneumonia. I stil can't beleive it can happen so quick with no warning.
I believe you are doing the right thing by keeping a very close eye on him.

I wish you and Ozzy all the best, and my heart goes out to you for your recent loss. :cry:

Has he had an injection in the last month or so? The bald patch/lump could well be from that.

There are two types of myxi - the one that causes the swollen eyes etc and then atypical which causes lumps which scab. The second sort is much milder and has a high survival rate. Sometimes a rabbit may only have one or two lumps. It is possible that your bun could have that as you've had a confirmed case of myxi but your vet could probably tell the difference between that sort of lump/scab and a cyst by how it felt. Plus myxi lumps usually form around the face/gentiles.

Tam

Sorry I should have made that clear, it's wasn't my bun that passed away but another bun in the vets waiting room.

His eyes you can hardly tell are sore apart from slight watery eyes and the lump hasn't got a scab on it and when the vet felt it she said it was a cyst.

I think he's fine, it's just I don't want to affect any other bunny.

Ozzy had the myxi 3 weeks ago on wednesday.

XxXx

They could be unrelated problems. I had a guinea pig with an eye infection and a sebaceous (can't spell) cyst on his back.

If the cyst is infected, the baytril will help clear it up.

I think I'm going to take them as unrelated as he had watery eyes this time last year aswell and the vet has said it's a cyst.

*repeats to self* "Ozzy does not have Myxi"

XxXx

Back