• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO: BAVARIAN BUN - Bonding a baby bun with......

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Theo and Cleo-

Risks? What should I do???? Wait until neutering? Should I try it? Or keep them as seperate couples?

Last edited:
Hia you should speak to BavarianBun. She has just successfully bonded her two adult bunnies with a new baby bun! Good luck xx:D

Oh, that's me then. :D In my case the baby is a girl, though. My boy would probably not accept another boy. Instead, my adult female got a bit upset and chased the baby girl. But there was no serious fighting. Janice did the bonding at her place, so they were all on neutral territory, and in the meantime I cleaned the hutch and run as good as I could.
I am not quite sure what I will do when Luna (the baby) gets neutered. I don't want them to get unbonded, but they do need to be separated for a while, I guess.

Oh, that's me then. :D In my case the baby is a girl, though. My boy would probably not accept another boy. Instead, my adult female got a bit upset and chased the baby girl. But there was no serious fighting. Janice did the bonding at her place, so they were all on neutral territory, and in the meantime I cleaned the hutch and run as good as I could.
I am not quite sure what I will do when Luna (the baby) gets neutered. I don't want them to get unbonded, but they do need to be separated for a while, I guess.

How about putting a wire fence between the rabbits when the little one is neutered? That way they can see each other but not harm the operation wound for the little one.:wave:

How about putting a wire fence between the rabbits when the little one is neutered? That way they can see each other but not harm the operation wound for the little one.:wave:

Yes, I thought of something like that. But she has to stay indoors for the first 24 ot 48 hours after the operation, which means the other two will have to come inside too. That should be neutral territory for all of them. But I will have to lock them into an indoor cage, as Snoopy loves to shred the carpet and we are only renting this place. :oops:

I see, thanks- not much hope then :( ill double check he is a bit- u know these pet shops!

It really depends on the character. Who's the boss in your couple? The boy or the girl? If the girl is the boss, the boy may well accept another boy, but probably it is better to introduce them after neutering.

Spaying and neuturing is known to totally change a bun's personality so bonding afterwards is much better, as the dynamics will change otherwise.

Back