• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT- Rescue Baby needed.PICS NOW IN S&Photos

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Today I did something really awful and bought the sweetest baby REW rex boy from a garden centre that had been there 2 weeks.

I feel guilty but to save buying another Id like to rescue a baby 8-10 weeks male or female baby so the bonding is almost instant.

There will be pics shortly- as soon as i got him home he was eating- playing throwing toys etc. Very clever, very confident and really tame.

So- im sorry for going against my principles but having visited him regularly for 2 weeks - i got attatched and couldnt bare him going to an impulse buy home.

His name is 'Little Roo'

Please dont crusify me- So please- a baby rescue bun in the mids :D

Last edited:
Awww. ^-^
I just see the words 'baby bunny' and stop thinking...

But I'm sure many people have done the same! I know I once bought a pair of rats, and a pair of guinea pigs because I visited them at the garden centre for about three weeks...

Can't wait for piccies.

he is gorgeous- but when i realised he needed bonding- i thought- ill need to do this asap before the hormones and whilst he is still tiny!

I got a new bunny today, also. :) So I'm in a ridiculously happy, fluffy mood...

And yep, I s'pose it'd make bonding easier if he found a buddy now. Are there any rescue places near you?

It could be difficult with age/neutering. At 10 weeks you need to separate the males/females out so you couldn't bond straight away with a female baby. I'd be wary of deliberately going for two males too as they don't always get on even with neutering. Might be better to wait 6 weeks have him neutered and introduce a spayed female or female baby. You don't need to bond baby to baby.

Tam

congratulations =] this is hat happened with Mosy and her sister flopsy.

R.I.P flopsy =[:cry:

good luck with the whole bonding thing - we might be giving that a go to =] pics please =]

He sounds lovely Jemma, but did you not say the other week Cleo and Theo had had only one vaccination each due to money being tight? :?

I'm not having a go, just concerned - go cautiously, that's all!

Hope Theo is OK now and hope your new little bun is settling in well - he sounds like a right character :) x

ok folkes- :D i was wary of that

1) Male + male- fighting

2) Baby boy and girl = making more babies.

I dont think theo would ever get on with him being another male......

I could try though- ill wait till hes a lil bigger- i dont want them bullying him so tiny.

How would any one approach this?

PS : About the tight cash situation- ive been paid!!!

I would neuter then try careful into with existing bunnies. Male-male usually works or it doesn't, it's usually pretty clear. I wouldn't deliberately get a male to bond with a male but if you've got two anyway then I think it's worth trying.

I'd neutered, wait a couple of weeks until healed. Try on neutral territory and then if that is a no go get a spayed female to pair him with.

Tam

Back