• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescue question

elaine

Mama Doe
I am wondering if other rescues have seen the same thing happening as me where say 1 yr ago the rabbits being rehomed that were not neutered were more but now if I rehome 1 un neutered baby, I can rehome 7 neutered adults, I am so surprised how things have changed as even 12 months ago I still didn't rate neutering but am now 100% behind it

It has now got to the point that I am neutereing nearly everything and it is being rehomed
Elaine

That's great news :) I think neutering is an important part of owning a pet so it's great that people in your local area are learning that they can go to you for a neutered bun and it's a better option than a baby :)

We had a litter of 6 babies in and only 1 went before neutering. 1 girl has just been done and she is now reserved. The boys who are going in soon have had no interest, but I am expecting that to change once they are done. People don't really seem to want unneutered if they know anything about rabbits. The only ones that don't seem bothered are people who are clueless about rabbits.

Im not really sure what the question meant :oops: Sorry :oops:

I think Elaine means have other rescues found that neutered rabbits are easier to home than unneutered - for example in the same time period she can rehome 1 unneutered baby, she can rehome 7 neutered adults

Right. Yes.....but Ive only had 3 unnneutered babies, and they went with firm instructions RE proof of neutering to be received before they reach 8 months old.

I find people tend to ask specifically for neutered bunnies anyway.

Also had one Doe with a heart murmur who couldnt be neutered but she had Frenchie appeal.

I must say the ones that go out un neutered do come back when old enough, but I am very pleased how many people want neutered so something is deffinately working

Back