• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local Garden Centre Stops Selling 'Pet Rabbits' and Then -U/D +Piccie

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
..............a few months later decides to start selling 'Novelty Breed Rabbits'.
On offer this weekend at the bargain price of £40 Each we have 4 Belgian Hare x Rexes :evil: All nicely displayed in the perfect 4ft hutch. One of these 'eye catching novelties' has the added bonus of coming with a Guinea Pig :evil:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

WHY DO WE BOTHER ..............................:evil: :evil: :evil:

Janex

Last edited:
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Why do pet shops always put rabbits with the GP's? Makes me so :evil: :evil: :evil: to see crappy 4ft hutches.

Poor things. Belgian Hare crosses are the least likely bunsters to want to sit still for hours. Ruby is so active and loves to run and jump.

:censored: :censored: :evil: It makes me sooooooooooooooo annoyed I have never like piggies in with bunnies, I had a piggie that had a broken rib from a bunny kick, cos the pet shop was sooooooo ignorant!!:censored: :censored: And a Belgian hare x Rex..? that a big bunny!! Certainly not suited to a 4ft hutch!! Poor bunny! Poor piggie!! STUPID IGNORANT garden centre!!:evil:

Every single pet store I go to (except for one) keeps rabbits with guinea pigs:censored: It's so darn annoying! I don't have the guts to tell them it's wrong, cause I highly doupt they'll listen, but whenever I talk to any private persons having or considering keeping rabbits and guinea pigs I tell them of at all the down-sides (that I know of).
The dumbest excuse for that I've ever heard was (trhough another person, I wasn't there and heard it personally) that they live together in the wild.
I replied "sure, there's only one ocean between":roll: Everyone knows rabbits love swimming from Spain to South America and opposite.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jane, thats really bad. i want to come down there and get angry x

:evil: Pets @ H near me have sepearted the guineas from the rabs... we went to have a look the other day.

Went to see the 'novelty Rabbits' this morning. Here they are

Picture977.jpg

Janex

:? :? :? :? :?

Ever get the over-whelming urge to phone someone up and scream down the phone at them?!?!?:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

why are they calling them 'novelty'?? Is it a gimmick?

Yep, they have a sign up saying they are Hare x Rexes and when my friend enquired about them the member of staff said they are 'the first of our new novelty breeds'..........................:roll: :evil:

Janex

Oh...............so is that the new term for 'irresponsibly bred crossbreeds'?!?:evil: :evil: :evil:

You would be amazed at what some Breeders want to crossbreed..........:shock: :evil: :cry:

Rexing a Frenchie is one option I have heard of :evil:

Sounds more like a Blue Movie!! :roll: :lol:

Janex

Back