• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch catches

Maizy

Mama Doe
Does anyone know what these kind of catches are called and where I can get some? I've tried the obvious B&Q, Homebase, screw fix etc.. and I've tried googling various combinations of the words 'catches, latches, plastic fasteners + rabbit hutches', but nothing coming up in the UK.
Alternatively, any suggestions for other methods of fastening? What I am trying to achieve is a 'quick release' perspex rain cover for the front of the hutch. Thought these plastic catches would be ideal as they are smaller and less chunky than wood blocks, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Any suggestions really welcome as it is now getting really frustrating! :shock: The simple ideas are obviously way too complex :roll: :lol:

catch.jpg

The only place I have ever got them from is the Happy Hutch place, I needed some as replacements, but he may be able to point you in the right direction.

I was going to ask the same question, as I have no idea what they are called. Alistair could not find them in Homebase, so he got some brass thingies instead, to keep the lid of the run closed. But I need more of the plastic things for attaching wood and perspex on the sides of the run during winter. Let me know if you have any luck finding them. I don't want them in pink, though! :shock: :lol:

When my Happy Hutch arrived one was broken so he sent replacements - I'd email him and ask where he buys them from or if he'll sell you some

Thanks everyone, I'll give the Happy Hutch guy a go. I did venture to our local hardware store this afternoin in desperation:roll: Sometimes these little places have really useful bits that you can't find in big DIY stores. The guy didn't have them, but did suggest an alternative using a metal 'turn button'. Never heard of them before, but they look as though they could do the job, if I can not get these plastic ones. Thanks again!:D.

Ps. Bav Bun I'll pm you a piccie incase they are any good for you.:D

Back