• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding NIGHTMARE!!-U/D 1st August-Pics!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Well after almost a week of attempting to bond Lara and Hal (started off in small pet carrier then into a new pen where they have remained together 24/7) I GIVE UP !!

They have had lots of scraps, chasing, stand-offs. Absolutely no sign of wanting to get to know each other. But just now they had a MAJOR fight. Hal has an injury above his eye, not too serious but 1cm lower and......:shock: :shock: :cry:
Lara has a few superficial skin wounds. Why, oh why is it always the same with Hal. For over 2 years I have tried to bond him with numerous Does and it ALWAYS ends in disaster :cry: :cry:
I truely believe Hal is an 'unbondable Rabbit'.

I am now trying Lara with Dermot. My nerves are shot to pieces :shock: :shock:

Janex

Last edited:
:shock: Oo-er Jane, sorry it hasn't worked out for Hal :( but I bet he's just as happy on his own.

In my limited bonding experience and talking to the rescue etc I used to believe any rabbits could be bonded- I've come to the conclusion this isn't the case now x

Maybe he does prefer living on his own. Is he two years old? Maybe another year will mellow him out. xxxxxx

Good luck with Lara and Dermot x:D

:shock: Oo-er Jane, sorry it hasn't worked out for Hal :( but I bet he's just as happy on his own.

In my limited bonding experience and talking to the rescue etc I used to believe any rabbits could be bonded- I've come to the conclusion this isn't the case now x

Thanks Mandy, I feel such a failure as everyone else seems to be able to bond the most difficult Buns and even bond large groups. Hal looks as pleased as punch (sorry about the pun!! :lol: ) now he is on his own :roll:

Off to Tesco with Lara and Dermot now.............................

Janex

Maybe he does prefer living on his own. Is he two years old? Maybe another year will mellow him out. xxxxxx

Good luck with Lara and Dermot x:D

He is about 2.5 years old. The breeder he came from used to pick him up by his ears :evil: :cry: so Hal is VERY head-shy. He also only has minimal vision :cry: :cry:
Hal actually hates nose-rubs :cry: Infact he does not like being touched at all really :cry:

Janex

Awww - I bet Lara's nerves are shot to pieces too - he sounds like a nightmare :rolleyes:

And surely Jane, you must feel like a raging success at bonding compared to me! :p I blame Hal, not you - you can't help it if he's a confirmed bachelor :)

Aw im sorry it hasnt worked out :cry: I think he wants to be alone if you have tried him with lots of girlies and he hasnt shown any interest :( You spend a lot of time with your buns though and are with them all the time so he is still getting lots of attention, I dont see why he wouldnt be happy living as a singe bun :D

And dont feel like a failure, there are lots of people on here who bonding hasnt worked out for x

oh jane ...i sympathise :?

i hate bonding ....you should try bonding someone elses rabbits ...i find that even worse:? :? terrifies me :shock:

Sorry it hasnt worked out, I guess some things just aren't meant to be. You know your buns better than anyone and if you feel it's not working then I would trust your instinct.

I don't know anyone who enjoys bonding - it's just something we do because we know how much benefit the buns will eventually get out of it. If only Harry Potter had mentioned a bunny bonding spell......

Maria x

Well Lara and Dermot have been in the Pet Carrier for a few hours. They came shopping to Tesco with me too. For the last hour Lara has sat constantly grooming Dermots head, Dermot is now snoring :shock: :roll:

So, I have just completed building yet another pen and the big release is about to take place...............

VIBES PLEASE!!

Janex

For the last hour Lara has sat constantly grooming Dermots head, Dermot is now snoring :shock: :roll:
Janex

Aaawww - fingers crossed!! Jane is he actually snoring?? Just wondered cos Charlie snores when he sleeps and I worried took him to the vets but he was given the all clear :?

Aaawww - fingers crossed!! Jane is he actually snoring?? Just wondered cos Charlie snores when he sleeps and I worried took him to the vets but he was given the all clear :?

Yeh, Dermot has always been a snorer. His lungs/heart are fine and he has no symptoms of an RTI. Christobel says its a 'benign' snore!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

Jane, i'll join you if I may in the failed bonding club :cry: Attempted it today in the pet carrier on a car jounry and there was a massive fight and they locked on :shock:

I really am now a firm believer that some things are not meant to be, because i'm never trying them together again :lol:

Dermot and Lara are about to spend their first night together. They have had one scuffle, that was over who 'owned' the pet carrier I'd left in the pen :roll: So now the pet carrier has been removed. Infact all there is in the pen is shredded paper, hay, Lara and Dermot!! They appear relaxed in each others company now and are sitting very close to each other munching hay.
I am quietly optomistic.................:?

Hope that's not tempted fate!! :shock: :roll:

Janex

Back