• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of rabbit runs please...update, its built!!

CuBar

Warren Scout
I am half way through building the bunsters a new run, just under 8' square :shock: (Ran out of mesh though) Just wanted to see some pics of other peoples for some ideas on modifications etc! I would like to think I can leave them out in the run during day in the summer months and just bring them in at night, is there any way of making it safe enough for them. Iv never seen a fox in the garden but we do have cats. It would have a top so nothing could get in. Any ideas would be great, and I love seeing pics of peoples set ups :D

Last edited:
My tip would be that if you are making it that big (great size! :D ) then make sure you have at least a couple of different places to access it or you could be spending a long time trying to get them out again!

Here is Buu's run with her hutch inside :D Not as big as the one your but she gets out in the garden each day. It always has the lid on, I had just taken it off to clean the hutch :D

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

Im going to buy a run today for Beau so that he can play in the garden while im at work as he is a house bunny. Will you be putting it on the grass? Its just mine would dig out :lol: And some cats dig, the cat next door digs under the fence to get in here rather than jumping over ;)

your run is fab silly rabbit! could a bun actually dig out in the space of a few hours? i mean, i know they're good diggers, but that quick? could you put mesh on the base of the run to stop digging so they can still access grass? :?

my other half was gonna build me a run, but when we priced it up it wasn't worth it and that was with 20% staff discount !:shock: so i've got a 6x3 off ebay for £62 plus p&p

we have just built a hutch and run (photos to follow soon) and it cost us a fraction of what it costs in the shops. Looking around for the best deals is a must!!! in b and q etc there were slide bolt latch type things :shock: and they were £2.00 and we went into wilkinsons and they were 39p!! :)

My Buu can dig fast :lol: I took my eye off her for a second once and she dissapeared under the fence into the neighbours garden, and I always check for holes before I let them out because their cat digs them and there were none so she must have been quick ;)

Its done, and they love it, here's some pics.
Its just about 8 feet square!!
DSC00253.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

Sun Shelter made out of the old water proof table cover!
DSC00261.jpg

And fold back rain cover that neatly rolls up at the back :D
DSC00262.jpg

Feel very lucky to have two gorgeous bunnies that love each other!
DSC00265.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Fabulous run! And gorgeous pics of Barney and Cuba too.How much do you reckon it cost you to build?

Fabulous run! And gorgeous pics of Barney and Cuba too.How much do you reckon it cost you to build?

Well I needed three rolls of mesh in the end. they were £20 a roll. The wood was £10, So not too bad, you couldn't buy one that size for that money. :D

Well I needed three rolls of mesh in the end. they were £20 a roll. The wood was £10, So not too bad, you couldn't buy one that size for that money. :D
I'm going to ask long-suffering Rog to make our next one...mine is only 8x4x3(h) and cost me £95.00.

Bit of a stupid question :oops: :lol: But how did you get the waterproof sheet to fit so neatly on the run? Did you just like staple it into that shape or something :oops: :oops: :oops:

thats a really good run. can you move it easily? the grass will disapear very quickly if not. we have to move our run around the garden about every 2 days . watch out for digging as well now that the ground is soft from all the rain

Back