• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for rescues

animus

Mama Doe
If someone wanted to hand in a rabbit for you to rehome, what would you call a reasonable donation?
The bun in question is neutered but not vaccinated and will come with hutch if you want it, food, hay, straw, toys etc

Don't worry, I could never let my Crunchie go anywhere, I'm asking on behalf of a friend I have in Scotland who has become disabled and is unable to look after her bun but she doesn't want to rip the rescue off :)

question for rescues

when i take bunnies in i ask for a donation, i always say whatever you can afford helps, i also explain how i work etc ie i vaccinate and neauter and try when possible to rehome bunnies in pairs it depends on the individual case and the individual rescue, id suggest your friend gets in touch with her local rescue some rescues do require a minimum donation but others may not. im sure whatever she can give the rescue will be greatful for :)

Hi Katie

We always ask for a donation but don't set a minimum and quite often don't get anything.
As your friend's rabbit is neutered that will help as takes most of the cost on each bun. If the rabbits is in good health ..perhaps your friend could just get it mxyi vcs..that way it is ready for homing and shouldnt' cost the rescue anything.
Of course if your friend wants to give something to help towards the rescue's running costs I'm sure it will be appreciated:D

Back