• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing colour

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Bunny was pure white when i got her at 10 weeks old at about six months old her back turned grey, She has turned one now and her grey is turning lite brown now, Is this normal.
Thats her as a baby on the left on my first pic in my sig and she is on the left on the right side of my sig. her nose has changed to

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of my Zakura's sister Nicoline, she was white at first but turned a bit more gray as she got older, but not much.
Zakura's brother Pelle was born grey, but as he got older his paws got darker and the rest of the body brighter, he was siamese.
Also Himalayan (I think they're called...white with black ears and paws?) tend to be brighter at birth. We have a holland at school with that color and occasionally she gives birth to kits with grey ears like her. One of the kits we kept untill he was 4 months, at first he looked almost like a regular Pinkeyed White but when I sold him his ears were almost black.

Hi there :wave:

The colour of bunny's coats often changes.

I had a wonderful bunny called Charlie, who was grey in winter and brown in summer! :shock: :lol: People often confused him for a new bunny! :lol: He always had a beautiful coat, whatever the colour!

Scout, my black lop used to be jet black, then he turned grey, and then black again with patches of grey! Currently he's black with very dark brown patches! :lol: But, he has a lovely coat and is a very happy, healthy bun!

Carol x

Hi there :wave:

The colour of bunny's coats often changes.

I had a wonderful bunny called Charlie, who was grey in winter and brown in summer! :shock: :lol: People often confused him for a new bunny! :lol: He always had a beautiful coat, whatever the colour!

Scout, my black lop used to be jet black, then he turned grey, and then black again with patches of grey! Currently he's black with very dark brown patches! :lol: But, he has a lovely coat and is a very happy, healthy bun!

Carol x

A lot of bunnies turn brown in the summer:lol: My black bunny almost looks sable in the summertime.:roll: (kind of ironic since his father was a blue sable...but I have a brown sable doe so I know they're not the same) He's still gorgeous though, looks almost golden!:D Problem is the first time I showed him he had these brown spots and therefore got some minus-points for that:roll:

Ha ha! it's quite magical watching your bunny change colour! :lol:

You have some wonderful bunnies there Zakura!

Carol x

One of my black does has started changing colour this year. The tips of her ears are positively bright ginger! With other patches of it throughout her body. She looks very well in herself so thought it was fine but glad to hear others on here have chameleon buns too! :D

As an example: Here's Sasuke in the summer:
Busted.jpg

The same rabbit at wintertime:
Kjekkas-1.jpg

Zakura's gotten darker over the years to, (well the first year mostly) Here she is at 4 weeks: (the white bunny on this pic also turned darker)
ZakuraNicolineogLittleWarrior.jpg

Today: (2.5 years)
PrincessCharming.jpg

A picture of the white rabbit (Nicoline) on her own, 2 weeks old)
nikolinekikkerut.jpg

Same rabbit 4 months old:
Nikoline1.jpg

A 2-week old himalayan:
Snrosasrusser.jpg

Same bunny (or it's brother, hard to say) 4 months old:
Russern1.jpg

My rabbit eeyore always always growns a ginger nose and tips of the ears in the summer, and it always seems to appear overnight as well....lol!

He gets it from his dad, startlite..he is a white and grey bunny during the winter but come the spring/summer he grows a ginger nose as well!

My grey bun Buu goes a browny colour in the summer :D You can see it in these pics :D That was last summer and the summer before the whole grey area was brown

000_0621-1.jpg

000_0623.jpg

Last edited:
Back