• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who has rabbit insurance and which one...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
i have had someone reserve 2 rabbits from us today and they have asked about pet insurance .

just thought i would see who has it and how much it costs etc.

i have had someone reserve 2 rabbits from us today and they have asked about pet insurance .

just thought i would see who has it and how much it costs etc.

I have insurance with Pet Plan. It was £7.52 p/m until May and has gone up slightly, but can't find my up to date policy details at the moment. I have to say that there are so many exclusions that the money would be best put aside each month (in to a vet fund). I tried to make a claim once when Peppermint needed his teeth burred and I was told that I could make one claim as it was treatment relating to a sore cheek, but told I would not be able to claim for any teeth work afterwards and strictly teeth were excluded. When you read the small print all the things you are possibly going to want to claim for are excluded ( typical insurance :roll: :roll: ) They get the premiums for nothing, you have to pay the vet and you can never claim! I will get round to cancelling one day, but at the moment it gives me multi pet discount on two cats policies :D so it's still worth while for me topay it.

For my 5 buns insurance would be very expensive, and as Maizy says, usually excludes neuters, teeth problems and jabs. As mine only ever visit the vets with these, it's really not worthwhile. My vets are very reasonably priced anyway. IMHO it's better to put the money aside each month.

My 2 are with pet plan it works out at £12 a month for them both, Luckly i have not had to use it but i might start putting it in a spare account and saving up just incase. There customer service is good when i have phoned up in the past.

There is an insurance company that will cover for teeth but I can't remember who they are the moment :roll:

Do a search on the forum, am sure they'll come up :)

PetPlan were the only bunny-insurance I could find...well, I did find another but it looked poo!
I pay £9.21/month for a 10 week old Silver Lop. At the moment it's 12 months for 10, so it's £92.10 if you want to pay once a year :D

I looked into insurance and I really think for 'multi bun' households it is not worth it as lots of things seem to be excluded. I set up a standing order into a savings account for the buns instead, I find that works very well!:D

I want to contradict most of these posts as I am thanking god that I didn't cancel my insurance when I said I would! We are with Exotic Direct and pay about £13pcm for 2 house buns in London (it's cheaper elsewhere!). In the past 2 months Albert has eaten a Toblerone which resulted in a £700 vet bill plus had an abscess which cost £400. I got £602 for the Toblerone incident and £360 for the abscess. I know it's not the full amount but believe me it has made a world of difference!!!

It is annoying that teeth etc arent covered but I still think it's worth it in case of accidents (ie Toblerones) and ailments (ie abscesses)!!;)

We give out a leaflet from petplan in our adoption pack, I should probably shop about but its the one my vet gave me :roll:

I think it varies by area, age and breed or rabbit.

I was paying £120 per month with pet plan for 1 horse & up to 25 buns. It worked out £4 per month per bun, but then I needed shoes, so I cancelled it.

That's when 2 of my buns got ill. :roll:

Back