• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLease help need advise =]

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Mopsy went to the vets today =] evrything was fine - the vets says she is very fit and healthy and not over weight =] she shocked me by saying that most rabbits she sees are either over weight or got long teeth at the back because of lack of hay and veg =[ ( Mopsys were fine by the way hehe) any way i asked her about the neuturing which i was thinking about here the other day....... she said that because she is 4 there might be a risk she asked if there was any real reason that i wanted her done i said no apart from the fact that she keeps having fantom pregnancies ( having one now =[ ) and that she always gets a little sad but the thing is though she is having them abot every month even in the winter =[ =? anyway she said that ypou could either have her done OR get a neautured male to put with her he will mate with her which will make her think that she is pregnant? is this right? i don't know i need help =[

if that is right chinook there might be a home here for you yet =]

p.s is this inthe right place?

Last edited:
This might be better under rabbit care? But anyway. Well, when we got Tamlin speyed she must have been about 2 years old. She was the first we'd had speyed, and I must admit she was a worry.

It was about 5 days before she'd eat anything other than a couple of bites of anything we gave her and then turned away. It was quite an anxiety filled week that one! :shock:

And then when we first tried her with Hazel about a week and a half after her op she HATED him! She was really aggressive toward him so we stopped trying but left her another 4 weeks. Then tried again. And it was lurve within hours!! :lol:

We've had two others speyed since. They were both young and recovered after the op much better and quicker than Tam did.

We have another two unspeyed does who live with neutered bucks. Though we aim to get them all speyed eventually. Booked in next week though is our Daisy who has started to bully Wellie I think because she feels she wants to bemated I think. So she's going in next week to be speyed. She must be approaching a year old now.

I must admit though I'm not sure how I'd feel about getting an older girl speyed as I've never been in that situation. Tamlin is still only a bit over 2 and a half now.

I'm sure there must be plenty of rescues here that wold have more idea on speying older does and neuteredand speyed or unspeyed partnerships. :?
Ultimately though its you who knows your bun best and your decision :D :wave:

It doesn't sound like your vet is very up to date on rabbit medicine, so if you do decide to get her spayed you will need to find a better vet first :?

Back