• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cost of playhouse/wendy house

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hi

I have definitely decided (finally!!!) that I would like a playhouse or small shed with run attached for bunny housing. Currently I have an old (but big) hutch in the garden but this resides empty due to my little wild bun currently living inside in a indoor cage.

I saw some lovely playhouses in focus diy yesterday which were made up so that I could go inside to have a look. The 4x4 one just seemed tiny plus not very tall, then there was a 5x4 I think. Both are on this link! The larger one was £200 which I can't really afford. Anyone know of somewhere I can get one cheaper? have been looking on ebay, freeads, freecycle etc but no joy yet.

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/bin/venda...sortname=ascending&setpagenum=1&setsortprice=

I have the Hickory playhouse (I bought it a few years back, it was called the 'Bunny' back then). It's big enough for my lot, although they do have a large run attached.

My friend got her playhouse from the Pimms, Bedford Road in Yardley Hastings. They sell all sorts of animal housing, shed and playhouses, they're worth a look and will modify things for you.

i have the hickory playhouse too and it has a large run attached to it.In the next few weeks shelves are going to be added so there will be more space but it is plenty big enough for 2 rabbits with a run attached

My two pairs live in sheds, but my new dinky trio live in a wendy house.
Just a word of caution - it's a pain in the :censored: to clean out as it is low and difficult to get in and out of with the run attached.
I'm working up to a good moan to the OH about my back in the hope I can change it to a full height shed!
You could get a full sized shed for the cost of a wendy house, and you have the bonus of extra space for storage above their living space for feed/hay/etc.:)

Im halving the shed at the min for my rabs as my shed is like massive. like a garage and we do still need some storage xxx

Back