• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disinfectant - Opinions!

I just use a plant spray bottle with a mixture of one tenth bleach and 9 tenths water - I belive this kills most things if you leave it to soak 15 mins after spaying, and it's cheap.

Virkon doesn't mention EC on the label (amongst all the things it says it kills). Can't think if it mentioned cocciodosis or not.

Bleach kills EC spores but not Coccidiosis, not does Virkon S or Trigiene by the look of the labels :?

Were going to be using bleach and water until we can get hold of something that will kill the coccidial parasite.

Louise

Boiling water also kills coccidia so if we're talking solid surfaces you could invest in a steam cleaner?

i use different things, i use vanodine, every clean out, bleach if ive had a sick bun,plus a steam cleaner, i also bleach round the garden ,

I've always used Stalosan F :D

Had it recommended after we had Coccidiosis a few years ago

Back