• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Very Very lucky...

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
Yesterday morning I went out to greet Little Bun and Rex as I always do. I lean over, clap, and Little Bun comes running to say hello... I picked her up (as I always do), but yesterday, as I was petting her in my arms (I was holding her properly, and she is most always very very content to be loved), she pushed out with her legs, and fell to the ground. I'm a fairly tall person, about 5'8 or so, and I believe that she may have landed on her back.

I waited for her to start moving around, and though she showed a bit of hesitation, she wasn't limping or showing any signs of pain. I popped her back in the run, and she immediately sprinted a circle, then went to the hutch and just stayed there. She didn't seem quite right, but we figured it was just shock- like having the wind knocked out of you. Just in case, we took her inside to keep an eye on her, and though she didn't move around a lot, when she did she showed no signs of pain. Her eyes were clear, and she wasn't bleeding anywhere. I gently felt her ribs, etc, and she didn't flinch and nothing seemed broken.

Her appetite is still it's normal monsterous amount, and still ran to get her dried food in the evening. She has been drinking as well.

This morning, I went out to check up on them... leaned over and clapped, and little one ran straight to me to recieve her morning attention... I picked her up, and she didn't struggle or show any sign of pain. Just to make sure, I put a tiny amount of food in the bowl and shook it, and little one was down the ramp in about 2 hops to claim her share. Considering that she was there before Rex, and he was closer to the bowl, I consider myself lucky.

Although I will keep an eye on her for the next couple of days to make sure she is 100% perfect and OK, there are no words to say how relieved I am that my little Bun was not hurt or worse by this accident.

hard surface...

Without dragging it into fakeness, I was on the verge of tears as I thought Little Bun may have become paralyzed... :roll: :roll: sorry the way I said that makes it sound melodramatic, but it's true.

Awww - we've all had those heartstopping moments when we think what a near miss our babies just had with something - it is horrible to think 'what if?' :shock: I just give thanks to that bunny guardian angel and double check everything next time :)

hard surface...

Without dragging it into fakeness, I was on the verge of tears as I thought Little Bun may have become paralyzed... :roll: :roll: sorry the way I said that makes it sound melodramatic, but it's true.

Don't apologize for saying you were upset! I can imagine how distressing that was :( I once had a bun jump out of my arms and although she was OK, I felt terrible and was very upset. These things happen.

So glad Little Bun is OK :D

It can be more of a shock to you than the rabbit, When Honey fell of her hutch i panicked and took the day of work just incase, She was a bit grumpy but was ok in the end. You just think the worst straight away which just shows how much you love your bunny.

Back