• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snotless Boblets!!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D :D :D

Bree, Peggy-Sue and Little Bill are snotless :D :D

If anyone has a Bun with chronic Snuffles which is confined to the nasal passages do speak with your Vet about trying TIACIL administered directly into Buns nostrils. It has worked for the three Snuffly Boblets and Bobbie :D :D

Janex

BTW I am NOT implying I came up with this treatment protocol. I read about administering abx via the nose in several Veterinary Textbooks and Journals. Some people tend to judge me before reading the post properly ;)

Last edited:
Awwww thats great news!! Im so pleased :D Nose rubs to all the boblets x

And thanks for the advice ;) I write stuff like that down in my bunny notebook incase I even need to mention it to the vet :lol:

I'm still curious about this one - my bun Charlie is snuffly at the moment, and I did talk to my vet about using Tiacil after reading these threads. But she is concerned about one of the ingredients in Tiacil, which known to affect the kidneys (she did say which one, but my memory fails me :? ). She's given me Tiacil before for Moosie's eye infection, but said that on the eyes it's unlikely that ingredient will get into the body as such, but administered in nostrils she would be concerned about it entering the body and affecting the kidneys :?

Glad to hear it's worked on the boblets though :D

I'm still curious about this one - my bun Charlie is snuffly at the moment, and I did talk to my vet about using Tiacil after reading these threads. But she is concerned about one of the ingredients in Tiacil, which known to affect the kidneys (she did say which one, but my memory fails me :? ). She's given me Tiacil before for Moosie's eye infection, but said that on the eyes it's unlikely that ingredient will get into the body as such, but administered in nostrils she would be concerned about it entering the body and affecting the kidneys :?

Glad to hear it's worked on the boblets though :D

I suspect it is the Trometamol in the Tiacil that your Vet is refering too. Like Metacam Trometamol is a Non Steroidal Anti- Inflammatory and so caution should be exercised when using it in Rabbits. I think most Vets go for a Risks versus Benefits decision for the individual Bunny

Janex :)

I suspect it is the Trometamol in the Tiacil that your Vet is refering too. Like Metacam Trometamol is a Non Steroidal Anti- Inflammatory and so caution should be exercised when using it in Rabbits. I think most Vets go for a Risks versus Benefits decision for the individual Bunny

Janex :)

That sounds like the one she mentioned. I did suspect it could be like the metacam issue. This snuffly thing is quite a new thing with Charlie :? , so we're trying to eliminate other things at the moment, but it's good to know that there has been some success with this Tiacil :thumb:

Thats great news, Jane!! Well done!! Good on you boblets!!! Its funny the things we celebrate on here - snot, poo, no-snot!!!!;) :lol: :lol:

Back